cheapest bass

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Pesticle, May 15, 2002.

1. ok heres my deal.... my friend wants to get a bass and she wants me to give her lessons.. but shes really poor.. i need to find the absolute cheapest bass there is... under 100.. also if the bass is smaller scale.. thats actually good she has small hands
  2. Rogues go for about $99 plus shipping....but I would reccommend saving some money and maybe getting a Squier or Epiphone, there's more room to grow on though they are a little more expensive. Ibanez might be good too.
    If you want shorter scale, or smaller basses either epiphone or Ibanez is the way to go....though Rogue might have smaller scale bass, I'm not sure.

Long story short: Rogue's about the only bass that goes for about a $100, unless you want a used Johnson or something.
  3. if you save up about 50 more dollars, you could get an Essex bass...

I just bought a BG150 the other day.

Jazz copy, w/ Maple fretboard w/ block inlays on maple neck, with Ash body

It should get here by Wednesday or so
  4. This is truly THE cheapest, least expensive bass avaiilable.
  5. I bought my DeArmond Pilot for $99 last year. I don't know if Musicians Fiend is still blowing them out, but you may be able to find an used one. Not a great bass, but playable and I would do a gig on it if my others weren't available. Put up some bass wanted ads and see what people have.
  6. Man, if there ever was a straight line begging for a response.....nah, I'll let it go this time.:)
  7. uhm.. yeah

Before continuing, please choose from the options below:

error '80020009'
    Exception occurred.

/categoryfilter.asp, line 31

8. Stupid link... well it's on Musicyo somewhere, just goto bass and then Kramer.
  9. BillyBishop

Feb 7, 2001
    Pawnshops usually have really cheap basses...
  10. i really appreciate your guys feedback... i told the girl about the 85 dollar cort .... and i guess she wants to get it.. i bought her a nice little gadget that lets her input the bass into a sterio so she dun need to get an amp ... i tried my fender jazz in my sterio and it sounds great too .. not very loud though
  11. jaybo

jaybo Guest

Sep 5, 2001
    Richmond, KY
    If you really wanted to impress her you'd just let her borrow your jazz bass ;)