Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Cheapest brand new bass ever?

Discussion in 'Basses [DB]' started by Mike Crumpton, Sep 20, 2004.

1. |Hey guys - can anyone beat this for price and has anyone tried one? 3/4 (jazz) size double bass outfit with padded bag and strings £299-00 @ www.Gear4music.com $457.46 for our US bretheren and including 14 aproval and 1 year warranty. I don't think Ken will be taking one of these round to Arnold's somehow but pigs might fly?

2. anonymous0726

anonymous0726 Guest

Nov 4, 2001
    Send me the cash and I'll go pick it up for you. If you don't see me for a fews days after, my phone number is (800)555-1212

:)

These beauties have been covered at length in the newbies areas.

3. Brent Norton

Brent Norton

Sep 26, 2003
    Detroit, MI
    Wow - ebony tuning pegs and everything!

:rolleyes:

4. And "robust" is one of my favorite adjectives for musical instruments.

5. Trevorus

Trevorus

Oct 18, 2002
    Urbana, IL
    I don't play DB, myself, but I do know that these instrument shaped objects are a waste of time. Most techs will not even touch them. Guaranteed it will need a major setup when you get it. These are just like the instruments they sell at WalMart. Just enough like the real thing to make noise.

6. godoze

godoze

Oct 21, 2002
    I think i've spent more on strings...

7. Ed Fuqua

Ed Fuqua

Dec 13, 1999
    NYC
    Chuck Sher publishes my book, WALKING BASSICS:The Fundamentals of Jazz Bass Playing.

Sorry, Brent. Not ebony, "ebonized".

8. Somebodys gonna have to tell me what 555 1212 connects you to (ignorant Brit here) - I ain't gonna try it even though I can get cheap international calls. :D

9. Trevorus

Trevorus

Oct 18, 2002
    Urbana, IL
    555-XXXX is a fake number here in the US. There is no real 555 prefix.

10. Brent Norton

Brent Norton

Sep 26, 2003
    Detroit, MI
    You could always try 867-5309...

11. John Sprague

John Sprague Sam Shen's US Distributor

Mar 10, 2003
    Rochester, NY
    Sales Manager, CSC Products Inc.
    Usually, but in the case of 555-1212, it's the number for information (directory assistance).

12. Trevorus

Trevorus

Oct 18, 2002
    Urbana, IL
    oh....... didn't know that.

13. godoze

godoze

Oct 21, 2002

...Jenny

14. KSB - Ken Smith

KSB - Ken Smith Banned Commercial User

Mar 1, 2002
    Perkasie, PA USA
    Owner: Ken Smith Basses, Ltd.
    Yeah.. in PA Pigs do fly........... but in CATTLE CLASS Only !!!

I think my fire wood might make a better Bass. And WOW, a 'WOODEN" bow instead of paper or rubber.... Probably holds the threads better that rubber..
    Does it come with Rosin too or is just plain Sugar Sticky enough.

Next week I'm buying a Car than runs on Air........ But only goes downhill........Bummer......

I would give it to Arnold to work on. His Dart board looked a little beat when I was there...........

15. Hey Ken - that made me LOL!

16. John Sprague

John Sprague Sam Shen's US Distributor

Mar 10, 2003
    Rochester, NY
    Sales Manager, CSC Products Inc.
    Actually Ken's firewood is pretty nice! We used a bunch of it to make bridge adjusters once. I have no idea what species they were, but they looked pretty cool.

17. Marcus Johnson

Marcus Johnson

Nov 28, 2001
    Maui
    When a bass sells for only ten times the amount of the bass stand, well, you know you're really getting a great deal.

18. You're all being so unfair. £299 isn't a lot of money for a nice room ornament.

19. Hey look - you can have a bass trolley come stool for more than the price of the bass!! http://www.soundpost.co.uk/dbass.html BTW, the basses on the front page of this site lood worth invesigating for value!