1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

cheapest delay w/ infinite feedback?

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by Taustin Powers, Nov 30, 2002.

1. Anyone know of a cheap delay pedal that you can set to infinite feedback/repeats, i.e. that just keeps going without decreasing in volume?

2. do you want like a loop so you only have one part repeating over and over, or like every thing you play is delayed and overlaps. you can do both with a boss DD-5. if you set the feedback and volume up all the way it last for the longist time. not sure if for ever. but when you play after a few secs depending on how long the delay it's just mush unless your playing the same bass line over and over.

all so there's a song by pink floyd it has the bass player and the guitar player playing pretty much the same bass line but alittle diffent with a delay. if thats the sound you want you can do it with the dd-5.

3. i imagine a DOD digital delay, maybe the DFX9 which is what i have right now has a 2 second period to record and loop.. i'm gonna be selling mine if i get the Akai headrush, you interested?

4. i might be interested...how much are you asking?

5. well, i don't know if i will sell it, because it belongs to my cousin, who died in 1995, so i can't sell it, but i know KB has one, and looking to sell it

6. TWISTED

TWISTED Guest

Sep 8, 2002
    Perth, Australia
    I'd say the Akai Headrush, I've never used one but I have the Akai Shred O Matic and Vari-wah and the options on these things are unbeleivable. But if cheap is what you want go a secondhand DOD.