1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Cheapest Ernie Ball dealers

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by b-bottom, Mar 23, 2013.

1. b-bottom

b-bottom

Dec 18, 2006
    Knoxville TN
    Because of the recommendations for wildwood guitars I picked up a brand new Ric for an awesome price.

Could someone point me in the direction of an Ernie ball dealer that carriers stingrays for a good price?

2. FourBanger

FourBanger

Sep 2, 2012
    SE Como
    Google the model you want and Google will tell you.

3. JLY

JLY Supporting Member Supporting Member

Go used! I purchased 3 EMMM Stingray 5's used and don't regret it. I preferred the maple board so I was able to sell the one with the rosewood board for what I paid for it. You just have to be patient. Ps- I too just purchased a Ric from Wildwood and it is awesome...and I paid less than what the used ones were selling for!

4. JLY

JLY Supporting Member Supporting Member

Ps. I live the Car Rosewood board on the Ric

5. madbassplaya

madbassplaya

Dec 28, 2007
  6. b-bottom

b-bottom

Dec 18, 2006
    Knoxville TN
    thanks man

7. Caca de Kick

Caca de Kick Supporting Member

Nov 18, 2002
    Seattle / Tacoma
    I always got better deals at Martin Music in Memphis. 2nd in line was Chuck Levins.

8. laneline

laneline Supporting Member

Aug 18, 2006
    North Jersey
    Also, The Perfect Bass has sales often, beyond normal discounted price and free shipping.
    A great dealer with impressive service to boot.

9. smcd

smcd

Jun 28, 2009
    Boston, MA
    I'd figure it would be self evident to use Google in searching for a new MM bass. But if you want to get the best deal...

Make a few calls/emails to the vendors suggested above. Then find out what discounts Guitar Center is offering (this month it's 12%). So now you're at $1230 for a Stingray 4. Take that figure and email Music123. Tell them you got a better price at GC, and they'll beat it. Simple as pie. If you want to take it a step further, call GC after you get the better price from Music123 and see if they'll beat it. Fun!