Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

cheapest place to buy strings online?

Discussion in 'Strings [BG]' started by pigpen02, Aug 4, 2002.

1. pigpen02

pigpen02

Mar 24, 2002
    any ideas? awful high prices and poor selection are killing me out here in the sticks.

2. SuperDuck

SuperDuck

Sep 26, 2000
    Wisconsin
    I usually end up buying from www.juststrings.com

I've never had a bad experience with them, and they have great prices.

3. rickbass

rickbass Supporting Member

Amen to Super's suggestion.

Prices are as low as you'll find for high quality strings from a reputable dealer.

Service is A+++++.

4. I usually get mine from musiciansfriend.com not bad prices, although maybe there is something lower out there i dunno.

5. PhatBasstard

PhatBasstard Spector Dissector Supporting Member

Feb 3, 2002
    Las Vegas, NV.
    Yes their prices are good, but one problem I have with them (several times) is they always seem to be "back-ordered" on part of my order. You don't find this out until AFTER you've received the (partial) order. So if you ask them to cancel the "back-ordered" portion of your order and substitute a different string(s) that they DO have in stock they WON'T do it as a (replacement) part of your original order. They'll make you do it as a second/separate order which costs YOU shipping that would've been waived on the "back-ordered" stuff anyway.:(

Very Stupid.:rolleyes:

6. Thomguy

Thomguy

Oct 15, 2001
    New York, USA
  7. Bruce Lindfield

Bruce Lindfield Unprofessional TalkBass Contributor Gold Supporting Member

pigpen doesn't say where s/he is? I found that a lot of places wouldn't ship overseas or took too long. I now get all my strings from :

www.sheetmusicplus.com

They are reliable, fast and about half the price I pay in the UK, even including p&p !

I looked at some other but "juststrings" for example, charges $35 for international shipping which is more than the price for nearly all the sets I looked at!

8. rickbass

rickbass Supporting Member

Chris - With all due respect to a slap monster like you, I have used them....they are a very good deal for what you get.

But if you string up with DR's, I think you'll never even think about webstrings.com again. To me, they sound like DR's going dead. But that's a helluva lot better than La Bella's!

9. I was just on ebay today and i saw 5 packs of strings for the price of one, they had all kinds of different strings, it's worth a look sometime before you go out and purchasing them somewhere else.:eek:

10. Juststrings.com is great! They've only messed up my order once (sent SIT Silencers rather than Powerwounds), and they sent me the Powerwounds for free! Great customer service and great selection! I've also never had a problem with items being backordered, and I have had that problem with Mostly Strings ( www.mostring.net ).

I've also tried the Webstrings on my Carvin B5, and I think they sound like crap! They sound dead right out of the package.:mad: