Cheapest shop for Aguilar amps

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by MarkW, May 15, 2002.

1. MarkW

Oct 31, 2000
    now that Ricks music doesnt carry Aguilar amps anymore, whats the cheapest place around for aggie gear?
  2. jokerjkny

Jan 19, 2002
    NY / NJ / PA

there are a few guys who work in shops that carry aguilar, so most of the forum members dont wanna step on any toes re-quoting prices left and right. Why? cause Aguilar might catch wind and cut them off like they did with Rik's for undercut selling / devalued demand retailing (i dunno i sorta "greenspan'ed" that last one :D).

do the homework and haggle your butt off, and you'll get a nice deal. search around in Ebay and HC classifieds, and you'll get what you'll want with enough patience and perserverance.
  3. jvtwin

jvtwin What it needs is a little more cowbell

Jan 26, 2001
    LA Calif.
    What cha' looking for? Are you opposed to looking at slightly used, perhaps?
  4. ebozzz

ebozzz Supporting Member

May 17, 2001
    Denver, Colorado
    I can't quote any prices but I think that you could probably get a good deal at Access-Bass. Email or call them for prices.
  5. MarkW

Oct 31, 2000
    looking for a 680 pre amp and a 728 power amp or maybe a 750..whatcha selling?
  6. Gard

Gard Commercial User

Mar 31, 2000
    Greensboro, NC, USA
    General Manager, Roscoe Guitars
    whistling aimlessly

...somebody call me???

resumes whistling aimlessly

(see my sig file ;) )
  7. K Dubbs

K Dubbs Just graduated from OSU, Go Bucks!

Mar 16, 2002
    Toledo, Ohio
    hey gard, what's your email. I wanna ask you a few questions if you wouldn't mind. Thanks
  8. Gard

Gard Commercial User

Mar 31, 2000
    Greensboro, NC, USA
    General Manager, Roscoe Guitars
    Well, you could just click on the e-mail button at the top of my post, but to save time:

send your mind

Always glad to hear from a fellow TBer! :D
  9. adrian garcia

adrian garcia

Apr 9, 2001
    las vegas. nevada
    Endorsing Artist: Nordy Basses, Schroeder Cabs, Gallien Krueger Amps
    this one is all Gard's- after courting me for nearly six months, Aguilar called off their deal 20 minutes before the 4 day late shipment arrived. They decided that they didn't want to deal with "internet" dealers. I fell into that category, though i like to think we are little more than just that- a lot of the established shops were mail order and internet stores previously. They said they now deal with physical stores only- i was bewildered since Musicians Friend- one of their largest dealers, as far as i know doesnt have a showroom-
    its true that i got emails from people who had been quoted very lo prices- so in fact- i didnt feel the loss of Aguilar so much- the thruth is EVERYONE wheels and deals- these companies want you to sell the heck out of their product, but everyone carries it, - then they want you to sell at an approved minimum- and when you dont sell- they want to know why- its a funny tightrope. So if you see a lot of dealers falling from Aguilar grace, it may be their new policy- or maybe not. MF still has it- just wish they hadnt pitched me for 6 months and after advertising them as a dealer - getting the plugged pulled . kinda made me out to look like an ass.
    Bass Central has my respect- they are a tried an true bass resource- they honestly deserve the Aguilar line-
    give Gard a call- but please dont assume that ANY other delaer has been cut off for cutting anyones throats- i certainly couldnt have done that when i hadnt sold a single Aguilar piece yet- and it may very well be true of others- peace all!! - Adrian
  10. jokerjkny

Jan 19, 2002
    NY / NJ / PA

adrian that's the pits. the love can get thin out in the business world. happens lots when newer manufacturers start to catch on. its all good, tho, i'm sure you'll easily pickup another vendor that'll impress you even more, and get you some nice gear to boot. :D