Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Cheapest way to "do" a CD

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by g4string, Dec 9, 2003.

1. g4string

g4string Supporting Member

Sep 19, 2002
    Melissa, TX
    My band is heading in to the studio next month. Where is the cheapest place to have your CD's reproduced, printed, and packaged. We will do our sleeve/CD art locally. But, we will still need transfromed into a CD sleeve and on to the CD itself. We are looking at about 250-500 CD's. Like I said, we are looking for everthing to done. Except the design of the CD/sleeve art. Thanks in advance!

2. SuperDuck

SuperDuck

Sep 26, 2000
    Wisconsin
    Unless you change the title of your thread, I would say a nice bottle of wine and some Barry White and you're gold. ;)

3. Tim Cole

Tim Cole

Jun 12, 2002
    Findlay, Ohio
    I never reccomend musicians friend, but I see they have some great deals on CD reproductions. If you want the best work, and have a couple grand to spend, discmakers.

4. Hollow Man

Hollow Man Supporting Member

Apr 28, 2003
    Springfield, VA
    That just made my night.

5. SuperDuck

SuperDuck

Sep 26, 2000
    Wisconsin
    My band is looking to do some light reproduction and printing, and we were thinking of going through MF. When and if we do, I'll post a review of how the service and end result was.

Hollowman- I aim to please.

6. g4string

g4string Supporting Member

Sep 19, 2002
    Melissa, TX
    Hey Mrs. "CD". Do you want to get a pizza and ****. What do you mean, you dont like pizza!

7. Corwin81

Corwin81

Mar 18, 2003
    Ames, IA
    Oasis CD did a good job with our album, and they've got some benefits. Not the cheapest, but worthwhile. We may go through MF for our upcoming EP though. Might do Oasis again for our next full length though.