1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Check-in: combine 4 ohm 410 and 8ohm 810

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by inkfromblood, Nov 12, 2018.

1. A while back I upgraded my rig.
    I got quite lucky and found a Craigslist posting offering an SWR GoLight Jr. 210 for $300.
    Well, turned out he also had a Carvin BX700 for $300 as well.

The next week, he called and offered me ANOTHER Golight Jr. 210 for $300.

This rig has been great. Super light, super portable and sounds great.

I want to a larger cab for some metal gigs - which many of which likely wont have a large house system to DI into.

After a few years, I finally have a line on a GoLight 410, but its 4ohms.

So my plan would be to run the amp in the 2ohm mode, and then put a 210 (8ohm) on top of the 410 (4ohm).

My understanding is that this should be totally safe since the resistance would be 2.66 ohms, and the this would also split the load evenly between all the drivers, but I really know very little about amps and cabs

I just wanted to double check before pulling the trigger on this purchase and doing something stupid. A lot of threads I've seen seemed to have a lot of back and forth about this, so I apologize if this is redundant.

2. Hmm, I got my question answered, but can't seem to delete this thread.

3. beans-on-toast

beans-on-toast Supporting Member

Aug 7, 2008
    Click on "Contact Us" at the bottom of the page and request that the thread be deleted.