1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

"Check In" here before and after your gigs, set 3 - everyone's drunk now!

Discussion in 'Bass Humor & Gig Stories [BG]' started by pklima, Dec 18, 2011.

1. BassCliff

BassCliff

May 17, 2012
    So. Cal.
    Hey Dave!

Let's all go next door and get a tattoo after the show! Break a leg!

download.

Thank you for your indulgence,

BassCliff

Sore Thumb, Fat Freddy, McG and 3 others like this.
  2. dbase

dbase Gold Supporting Member

Jan 3, 2008
    South Jersey, USA..
    Who did the roof? Nice job ;)

nixdad likes this.
  3. Jamvan

Jamvan The Bassist Formerly Known As Meh Gold Supporting Member

Nov 11, 2014
    Minnesota
    As a performer, I'll take water and lots of people but as a person, I'm content with the fringe benefits!

Drink a hot toddy or seven to help with those dang summer colds (or any cold for that matter.) I've found using a nice cinnamon whiskey makes for a nice warming effect as well. For singers, eating raw ginger root can help smooth out those vocal cords as well.

Our keyboard player has friends who live there and this was the first time they'd heard of this series of events so the word is still getting out there. It's human nature in that we usually don't see something until we want to see something, then it's ALL you see!

Sore Thumb, s0c9, Fat Freddy and 3 others like this.
  4. Bunk McNulty

Bunk McNulty It is not easy to do simple things correctly. Supporting Member

Dec 11, 2012
    Northampton, MA
    :roflmao::roflmao::roflmao: I am proudly tattoo-less.

MCF, nixdad, Jamvan and 3 others like this.
  5. Inky13

Inky13

Nov 13, 2016
    Buffalo NY
    I’d stop in, but we’re getting ice cream and playing mini golf that night.

MCF, Bunk McNulty, BassCliff and 3 others like this.
  6. McG

McG Goat Hill Gamblers

Oct 6, 2010
    Costa Mesa, CA
    All 21 tracks are great! "I'll Cry Instead" and "You're Gonna Lose That Girl" were stuck in my head for days. Hey Dude is good too. :D

Hey... I have the same home screen. :woot:

We've all played sick but it's times like that I'm glad I don't (ok, can't) sing.;)

I saw a Grateful Dead show in the 80s where Jerry came to the mic for the first song and nothing but frog croaks came out. He played great but didn't utter a sound the rest of the night. All Weir songs and lots of long jams.

Kind of a long drive but I'll try to stop by. :laugh:
    map.

As Steve Martin said, "My name in print! Things are going to start happening to me now!!" :laugh:

Me too, of course my extreme dislike of needles has a bit to do with it. Get squeamish just having blood drawn. :eek:

s0c9, MCF, rtslinger and 4 others like this.
  7. Holdsg

Holdsg I should be practicing Gold Supporting Member

Sep 10, 2009
    Alta Loma, CA
    ice cream and mini golf. sounds like a fine time to me.

Bobro, MCF, nixdad and 4 others like this.
  8. nixdad

nixdad

Aug 15, 2008
    Los Angeles, CA
    Thanks, Grant...you’re too kind!

McG, Jamvan and Fat Freddy like this.
  9. Fat Freddy

Fat Freddy Supporting Member

Feb 23, 2016
    Albany NY
    Pics or........Nah.....forget it!....:D

10. jjk2007

jjk2007 Supporting Member

Apr 16, 2008
    Austin, TX
    Endorsing Artist: DNA
    Should be fun tonight down at Moontower Saloon. As a bonus my buddy is letting me use his Sadowsky!! :drool:

[​IMG]

MCF, s0c9, nixdad and 7 others like this.
  11. Jamvan

Jamvan The Bassist Formerly Known As Meh Gold Supporting Member

Nov 11, 2014
    Minnesota
    I used to proudly be too! Then I got one and now I want more.

I may have missed it up stream but how do I acquire one of your CDs? I hit up your website but it doesn't seem to have them available.

Sore Thumb and nixdad like this.
  12. nixdad

nixdad

Aug 15, 2008
    Los Angeles, CA
    Thanks for asking, Jamie!

Yeah, we need to upgrade the website in order to do direct sales - coming soon.
    They’re $10 + $6 for shipping. PM me and I’ll gladly share more info.

Chris

13. about 4-5 years ago I arrived for setup at a gig and our singer couldn't even speak, let alone sing, so we set up and sound checked (Drummer did sing a lot of the songs too) then went back to singers house to chill out for 2-3 hours.
    Singer was sipping on brandy and was soon able to speak ok.... but me, drummer and guitarist were going through songs to see what else we could do / sing... and came up with a few - while singer was sipping brandy
    We get to gig and singer has a flawless night... the only song we didn't do was AC/DC Thunderstruck, but singer was sipping brandy all night and sang great.
    At the end of the night the singer was absolutely legless (drunk) and had to get driven home

Sore Thumb, s0c9, ak56 and 9 others like this.
  14. jjk2007

Apr 16, 2008
    Austin, TX
    So Friday nights at Moontower Saloon are definitely more lively than Thursday nights (duh!) and we had a great time with plenty of folk up dancing on the good ole dirt dance floor. It was still plenty warm out when we started at 8:30. I’ve been struggling with a summer cold (chest has been on fire) so I had to take it easy on my bg vocals but pulled it off. Trying to rest/medicate so I can be ready for tonight down at Rockhouse Bar & Trailer Park. We must have made somebody’s night because with about 2 songs to go some guy cruised on up and dropped a $100 bill in the top jar. I hope he knew what he was doing! :D

I took this shot about 7:45ish. I wish I would have gotten one later in the evening as there wasn’t an empty seat anywhere.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Stage
    [​IMG]

My buddy let me borrow his new Sadowsky Metro Express for this gig. It was very impressive and definitely on another level. I’ve played a couple before albeit briefly, but have never had one on a gig. I’m a believer! A lot of bass for the $1800-1900 price range.
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Aug 10, 2019
    s0c9, mwbonsall, Jamvan and 9 others like this.
  15. So that amp I asked about wasn’t readily available :( so I decided to add another extension cab, so I added a 1x12 to my current 2x10. Tested it today really filled my music room. So maybe I will stick with my 300w head for now.
    Thanks everyone for the gig reports looking forward to reading more tomorrow.

MCF, McG, nixdad and 4 others like this.
  16. jjk2007

Apr 16, 2008
    Austin, TX
    Headed out here in a bit.......

[​IMG]

rtslinger, McG, nixdad and 6 others like this.
  17. MCF

MCF

Sep 1, 2014
    US
    When I was like 8, I had to here You’re Gonna Lose that Girl every night before going to bed.

nixdad and Jamvan like this.
  18. MCF

MCF

Sep 1, 2014
    US
    Ah, you softie. Cute.

rtslinger likes this.
  19. MCF

MCF

Sep 1, 2014
    US
    I’m one of the biggest Beatle fans on earth. They came to America for my 6th birthday. I remember the first night on the Ed Sullivan Show like it was an hour ago. I know every word to every song. I am going to be brutally honest. Your band is amazing.

McG, nixdad, mwbonsall and 2 others like this.
  20. jjk2007

Apr 16, 2008
    Austin, TX
    It was kind of quiet night at the Rock House last night. 1st set was fun and the small crowd was energetic. 2nd set saw some people clear out and we plowed our way through. 3rd set saw the room fill in nicely and the energy come back up so it was a nice close to the evening. We went from 8:30 til 11:30.

Here is the outside. If you’ve never been to Austin we have food trailers all around the city and Rock House has about 5 surrounding it.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

I stopped by the Mighty Fine trailer and got one of their small burgers before we kicked things off.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Here was our stage for the evening and looking out from my office about 45 minutes prior to downbeat.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

That’s it until next weekend.

MCF, Inky13, rtslinger and 12 others like this.