1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

"Check In" here before and after your gigs, set 3 - everyone's drunk now!

Discussion in 'Bass Humor & Gig Stories [BG]' started by pklima, Dec 18, 2011.

1. dbase

dbase Gold Supporting Member

Jan 3, 2008
    South Jersey, USA..
    facebook_1598282244082_6703681609484723126.jpg

jjk2007, MCF, Bunk McNulty and 11 others like this.
  2. having our first practice of 2021 on Wednesday - first rehearsal for over a month.... hope the others have learnt their parts in the new songs we are trying out!

MCF, Bunk McNulty, Sore Thumb and 7 others like this.
  3. Still nothing on the horizon for us :( And I didn't do any play along over the weekend, I was writing a song and that took away most of my weekend :) Hope everyone is being safe and rocking those gigs if you got'em
    RTS

4. dbase

Jan 3, 2008
    South Jersey, USA..
    Rob, Do you know anything about the NJ Taco festival in Sussex County? Is that in your neck of the woods?

MCF and Jamvan like this.
  5. Hey we have done that show in the past, Sussex County Fairgrounds. They also would have made you get Entertainment Insurances not worth it if you are playing for Tacos
    nice stage though
    upload_2021-1-11_9-49-9.png

Last edited: Jan 11, 2021
    MCF, Bunk McNulty, McG and 5 others like this.
  6. That's the kind of thing to get the ire up in a man!
    I thought Sussex County fairgrounds was better than that!

Jamvan likes this.
  7. Missed this, no not really, but since we played the Campground up there every year, someone saw us at the campground and approached us for the gig. We pass it on to our agent and they worked out the details. This was a while ago Cliff was still with us, but I remember we didn't play for tacos :)

8. dbase

Jan 3, 2008
    South Jersey, USA..
    Last Thursday we had a power outage and my Bass amp shut down immediately...
    It was raining - pouring, actually. I couldn't play bass - golf – nothing – so I sat down and talked to my wife for about an hour and a half.
    She seems like a nice person. ;)

9. dbase

Jan 3, 2008
    South Jersey, USA..
    From info I'm getting, there hasn't been a Taco festival since 2018 and someone hijacked their logo and is promoting it where no festival exists... FAKE FESTIVAL ;) And I had my heart set on a burrito.

McG, MCF, Jimmy4string and 2 others like this.
  10. really wow that is sad. I think we played there in 2011 maybe 2010 it's all runs together after a while
    I remember it was a week day which really caused issues for us.

Jamvan likes this.
  11. That was very funny thanks for the laugh!

Jamvan likes this.
  12. So I looked at our archived webpage it was 2012 a dang Thursday! I remember no one wanted to do it thinking it would be a dead night. From what I remember it was a pretty good turn out.
    upload_2021-1-12_10-49-18.png

jjk2007, MCF, Bunk McNulty and 3 others like this.
  13. dbase

Jan 3, 2008
    South Jersey, USA..
    4sbwas.jpg

Beersurgeon, McG, MCF and 4 others like this.
  14. Bunk McNulty

Bunk McNulty It is not easy to do simple things correctly. Supporting Member

Dec 11, 2012
    Northampton, MA
    Barring a miracle, I don't think we'll be playing in March. As for the rest, my BL is the best. We may not play any of them, but the fact that she got us booked, regardless, is pretty awesome.
    redhead 2021.jpg

15. Rehearsal went well.... we had another drummer (back up drummer no 2) come along to play.... we had a couple of Jams with him last year when our regular drummer was unavailable.
    Anyway he has a much better sounding kit - roland electric kit with mesh pads and we just went through all the new songs (that the back up drummer didn't know / hadn't learnt) and after a quick listen he was able to play them pretty much straight from the record.
    songs we did were
    INXS - Never Tear Us Apart
    Misex - But you don't care (Misex are a New Zealand band from late 70's early 80's)
    Lady Gaga / Bradley Cooper - Shallow
    The Cars - Lets go (This was my idea and I offered to sing it - not sure if that was a good decision yet)
    Don Henley - Dirty Laundry
    Heard it through grapevine - Marvin Gaye
    Oasis - Don't look back in Anger
    Supertramp - The Logical Song

we attempted Wheatus - Teenage dirtbag, but Simon (lead guitar) had trouble singing it and playing at the same time, so we're not sure if we will keep it

The drummer issue has put us in a bit of a conundrum though... our regular drummer didn't confirm if he was coming or not last night - hence getting the backup drummer.
    if regular drummer turns up next week we will be back to square 1 with learning the new songs, so for our next gig on Feb 13 we are toying with the idea of having backup drummer play set 1 (with the new songs in) and regular drummer playing set 2 - seeing as they both use electric kits it should be an easy swap out in the break
    Regular drummer said last year he didn't mind if back up drummer wanted to get up and play some songs at a gig.
    So I will wait and see what happens with the drummer situation - I'll leave that decision to the more senior band members!

Sore Thumb, Beersurgeon, McG and 6 others like this.
  16. (spoken in movie guy voice): IN world where no one has drummers.
    New Zealand guy has two!
    :)
    Ill have to check out the Misex....
    Speaking of INXS -anyone ever do "Don't change"?

Sore Thumb, McG and Jamvan like this.
  17. Actually we had 'don't change' on the list to learn, but after doing all those songs last night we decided we had enough for now.

18. ak56

ak56 Gold Supporting Member

Apr 2, 2015
    Carnation, Wa
    Power's been out since 5:30 this morning (10 hours). No estimated time for restoration.

The river is above flood stage and still rising. Looks like it should crest in a couple hours and start dropping. Some roads are under water but there are a couple still open out of the valley.
    Yeah, we've been talking, too.

Just another typical day in the Valley.

19. also on the plus side we had 2 gigs 99% confirmed for March / April - Sweet! :bassist:

20. BassCliff

BassCliff

May 17, 2012
    So. Cal.
    Arnie!

How long can you tread water? (j/k)

I hope you and yours are ok. God bless.

Thank you for your indulgence,

BassCliff

Sore Thumb, McG, Jamvan and 1 other person like this.
  21. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Apr 18, 2021