1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

"Check In" here before and after your gigs, set 3 - everyone's drunk now!

Discussion in 'Bass Humor & Gig Stories [BG]' started by pklima, Dec 18, 2011.

1. Promote Backup drummer to regular drummer -BOO YAH!
    Sometimes there are fantastic rehearsals, sometimes average, luckily i dont remember a bad one though.
    Getting everyone together and playing songs with the same fervor is a tall order if you think about it.
    So that just comes with band dynamics.
    Drummers.jpg

MCF, Jamvan, Sore Thumb and 7 others like this.
  2. Jamvan

Jamvan The Bassist Formerly Known As Meh Gold Supporting Member

Nov 11, 2014
    Minnesota
    Well lookie thar, @jjk2007! Nice shout out!

Screen Shot 2021-01-22 at 3.55.51 PM.png

MCF, Jimmy4string, rtslinger and 9 others like this.
  3. Bunk McNulty

Bunk McNulty It is not easy to do simple things correctly. Supporting Member

Dec 11, 2012
    Northampton, MA
    Me and Drummy. Once we were Pretend Rock Stars.
    D2 and Drummy.png

MCF, Jimmy4string, rtslinger and 7 others like this.
  4. jjk2007

jjk2007 Supporting Member

Apr 16, 2008
    Austin, TX
  5. Okay so my original band guitar player sent me this photo it is from 1983 we were tour.
    I was playing his Fender Strat working out a ballad I wrote he was going to play on acoustic
    upload_2021-1-25_10-50-39.png

MCF, McG, Bunk McNulty and 5 others like this.
  6. dbase

dbase Gold Supporting Member

Jan 3, 2008
    South Jersey, USA..

MCF, McG, Sore Thumb and 5 others like this.
  7. Bunk McNulty

Dec 11, 2012
    Northampton, MA
    Jane just posted another one from the olden days. Silliness! (illustrates a basic premise of Redhead: "We're not serious, but we're not kidding, either"

redheadlights.jpg

McG, Jimmy4string, BassCliff and 3 others like this.
  8. dbase

Jan 3, 2008
    South Jersey, USA..
    All stoked up about practice Monday night ... last minute guitar player texts that he was with someone who has Covid19. No practice for 14 days again. Cant get a break.

9. delta7fred

delta7fred

Jul 3, 2007
    England
    We have one of those laser dot thingies. I only set it up if I can aim it at the ceiling as I would hate to be responsible for any damage to retinas.

Jamvan and Bunk McNulty like this.
  10. Bunk McNulty

Dec 11, 2012
    Northampton, MA
    Honestly, I've never liked them. For a couple years, Drummy brought the rig on every gig. I think it finally broke; I don't remember using them in 2019 at all.

11. Jamvan

Jamvan The Bassist Formerly Known As Meh Gold Supporting Member

Nov 11, 2014
    Minnesota
    Good to see yer concentratin' REAL hard! :roflmao:

Screen Shot 2021-01-26 at 10.06.13 AM 1.png

McG, Sore Thumb, Jimmy4string and 4 others like this.
  12. dbase

Jan 3, 2008
    South Jersey, USA..
    Oh, you noticed ;) but I didn't miss a beat

McG, Sore Thumb, Jimmy4string and 3 others like this.
  13. Jeez and there you go with that strange word (practice) again I know not of this word you call practice btw it is in reference to the Star Trek episode where they visit a planet and the woman there doesn't know what the word means

14. dbase

Jan 3, 2008
    South Jersey, USA..

Kara_GreatTeacher.jpg

McG, Inky13, Bunk McNulty and 3 others like this.
  15. Bunk McNulty

Dec 11, 2012
    Northampton, MA
    There's 4 inches of snow outside, it was 18 degrees F. last night, no practice, no gigs, my favorite hangout bar has closed forever, I'm even out of stupid pictures to post. I don't want to binge-watch anything ever again. My original escape plan was to get to France and busk on the street, maybe start a blues band, but they won't let me in now and anyway they have their own problems.

In the immortal words: Thank you for your indulgence.:D

McG, Sore Thumb, Bassed in NZ and 7 others like this.
  16. 4 inches - is that all you've got?!?! .... said no woman ever

some parts of New Zealand hit 40 degrees Celsius 2 days ago (that's 104 in Fahrenheit)
    wife and I had 3 fans on in the bedroom last night to keep cool.....

had rehearsal with back up drummer no 2 last night and tonight having another rehearsal with regular drummer
    we are playing our regular gig on 13 February - Simon and Annie (guitarist / singer) hold an annual party / get together at their house. they have a large sloping back section that's reasonably flat at the bottom
    Every year they invite friends / family / neighbors to come along - we set up at the bottom of the section under a marquee and play a couple of long sets
    this year regular drummer is doing most of first set, then quick change of kits (both drummers have electric kits) and back up drummer is playing about 8-10 songs, then after a break regular drummer will play the last set to the end.....

it would be great if regular drummer could use back up drummers new roland kit (sounds amazing) but regular drummer uses different sounds on his yamaha kit

McG, Bassed in NZ, BassCliff and 2 others like this.
  17. dbase

Jan 3, 2008
    South Jersey, USA..
    You should join us other bass players in the same boat on Friday Zoom sessions, its good therapy. PM BassCliff for a password.

McG, BassCliff, Jamvan and 1 other person like this.
  18. Bunk McNulty

Dec 11, 2012
    Northampton, MA
    Now that it's at 9 pm, I have no excuse.

19. yes - I'd love too... but that's 9pm USA Eastern time??
    I'll have to figure out what time NZ that would be

edited to add that 9pm Friday EST is 3pm Saturday NZ time... so it could be done
    I'd have to download Zoom on my macbook though

20. dbase

Jan 3, 2008
    South Jersey, USA..
    Yes Nick It's 3pm for you, 9pm for me and 6pm for SoCal folks. Matt (BassedinNZ) joins occasionally on his lunch break.

McG, Sore Thumb, Bassed in NZ and 2 others like this.
  21. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Mar 4, 2021