1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

"Check In" here before and after your gigs, set 3 - everyone's drunk now!

Discussion in 'Bass Humor & Gig Stories [BG]' started by pklima, Dec 18, 2011.

1. Tom Read

Tom Read

Nov 15, 2017
    5-strings are great for studio work, or theatre/venue work with top quality acoustics and sound engineers. In most other places - pubs, dance halls, function rooms, clubs etc - I find the additional low notes cause more problems with boom, vibrations etc than they add to the quality of the performance! So in the vast majority of live situations, I use a 4-string and have an octave pedal on my board so I can access any low notes i can't do without. For most gigs, that gets switched in for one song - Uptown Funk - and remains otherwise unused!

2. dbase

dbase Gold Supporting Member

Jan 3, 2008
    South Jersey, USA..
    We got some new merchandise plus a Professional photo session last week. 1st practice since last month due to Covid. Hopefully on track to get some sets nailed down for some outside events we have booked this spring and summer.
    Here's a sample of what we are working on. Yeah, I hear the mistakes but is was the 1st take.

Jamvan, nixdad, Jimmy4string and 3 others like this.
  3. Clapton Blues fun from 2012

Blues 2011

Last edited: Feb 26, 2021
  4. jjk2007

jjk2007 Supporting Member

Apr 16, 2008
    Austin, TX
    We had a great time at the Rock House last night. Didn’t know what to expect as we’ve never played here on a Thursday night but there was a great crowd on hand. We were much tighter than the show we did a couple of weeks ago. I did a little more homework during the evenings as Michael has thrown in a couple of new songs and a couple of old songs we haven’t done in a long time. Now looking forward to stringing together some more shows. Since we never rehearse that’s how we keep things tight! On to the pics.

A shot of the bar. I believe this place used to be a house that got gutted and turned into the bar.
    kX6OmK5.jpg

I stopped off at the Mighty Fine trailer and grabbed a burger and an icy cold Coke. Unfortunately their fryer was broken so no fries.
    FA8FKjy.jpg

Here was a little shot from my perspective about 30 min prior to downbeat. Plenty of patrons and dancers too.
    EOQCPFy.jpg

Here was Michael tuning the guit-fiddle....:D
    mIobyml.jpg

My trusty gear......sounded great as always. And look at that Texas style speaker stand! :laugh:
    HMMtEei.jpg

That’s all for now. Hopefully the TB family spread across the country will get to start gigging more often real soon!!

ak56, Inky13, Jamvan and 13 others like this.
  5. @jjk2007 That's a great looking gig!
    Small world - that guy under your mic is the owner of Trianon coffee in Westlake i believe.
    "Emile"
    I love the color of your bass.

Jamvan and jjk2007 like this.
  6. dbase

Jan 3, 2008
    South Jersey, USA..
    50557_o.jpg?_nc_cat=103&ccb=3&_nc_sid=666b5a&_nc_ohc=9E_-vYahowMAX-Fm4Wm&_nc_ht=scontent.fewr1-6.jpg

ak56, McG, Jimmy4string and 7 others like this.
  7. BassCliff

BassCliff

May 17, 2012
    So. Cal.
    By Jeff!

Nice! Great to see you guys out and about. Seems folks are starving for live entertainment. I hope we can deliver soon! Keep up the good work.

Thank you for your indulgence,

BassCliff

Jimmy4string, Jamvan, dbase and 2 others like this.
  8. nixdad

nixdad

Aug 15, 2008
    Los Angeles, CA
    McG, Jamvan and dbase like this.
  9. So almost an entire bottle of go gone,but I got all of the glue am from the light strip that die off my EB-0 D46867A0-62BF-4218-9892-0E35F2C9AB8C.jpeg F2A49B4C-7B32-4FCA-9F48-228C1EDBDD4D.jpeg

Tony In Philly, Jamvan and BassCliff like this.
  10. 1D838706-9B9C-44D3-81EC-63F97E99B623.jpeg Did realize that the texture ceiling was reflected in the bass sorry

McG, mwbonsall, dbase and 2 others like this.
  11. dbase

Jan 3, 2008
    South Jersey, USA..
    I thought the Goo Gone ruined the finish/// like paint remover ;)

12. dbase

Jan 3, 2008
    South Jersey, USA..
    Band photos arrived
    SOG-55.JPG

SOG-69.JPG

SOG-3.JPG

nixdad, Sore Thumb, McG and 7 others like this.
  13. 74hc

74hc

Nov 19, 2015
    Sunny California
    We had three parishioners inside the church this morning for the livestream mass! Our county thought that the Supreme Court ruling applied to all California counties but this one*. On Friday, the court told them they were wrong.

Next Sunday, we will have 20% of maximum capacity. Who says my mediocre bass skills drives the audience away? lol.

* Two weeks ago, the Supreme Court ruled on a case involving a California church that said banning indoor worshiping completely is against the 1st amendment because other indoor gather is allowed. They won, but our county tried to get a stay and lost, then appealed to the 9th circuit and won, but ultimately lost. Anybody could see this coming, and my county just wasted taxpayer dollars for lawyers who were the real winners.

14. BassCliff

BassCliff

May 17, 2012
    So. Cal.
  15. nope and i had to remove even tuck tape glue from the back that held the battery box to the body no issues with the finish at all

Jamvan likes this.
  16. Well Auckland NZ has gone back up to covid alert level 3 - and we are advised to stay at home and not go out unless necessary..... a 7 day lockdown - all because someone in South Auckland had covid symptoms for about a week, but instead of staying home and isolating as we've been advised to do if we feel unwell, this man went to several locations including a Burger King, a tertiary institution and a gym..... very frustrating and no band rehearsal this week
    hopefully things back to normal next week.

17. McG

McG Goat Hill Gamblers

Oct 6, 2010
    Costa Mesa, CA
    One year ago today was our last gig. it's been a long year. At least the last one was a good one.

Band Gil.jpg

The view to my left. Ahhh... memories... :)

Bay View 1.jpg

Last edited: Mar 2, 2021
    nixdad, Sore Thumb, jjk2007 and 10 others like this.
  18. dbase

Jan 3, 2008
    South Jersey, USA..
    ahhh .. the old days

nixdad, McG, Jimmy4string and 2 others like this.
  19. Holdsg

Holdsg Talkbass > Work Gold Supporting Member

Sep 10, 2009
    Alta Loma, CA
    Is that in Newport? Grant

McG, Jamvan and Jimmy4string like this.
  20. look at @McG up there happily playing along with his son....
    Good times!

Sore Thumb, McG and Jamvan like this.
  21. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Apr 17, 2021