1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

"Check In" here before and after your gigs, set 3 - everyone's drunk now!

Discussion in 'Bass Humor & Gig Stories [BG]' started by pklima, Dec 18, 2011.

1. Bunk McNulty

Bunk McNulty It is not easy to do simple things correctly. Supporting Member

Dec 11, 2012
    Northampton, MA
    THANK YOU! (First time playing this in public...we lose the plot right after the bridge.:D)

Sore Thumb, Mr_Moo, Inky13 and 6 others like this.
  2. Im back with a smack!
    We got up in rehearsal and I just couldnt take that wig. I get super hot anyway! I tossed it in the corner.
    Guitarist is up to his tricks with trying to put in songs all the time and just firing off songs in emails that we could do. This stuff drives me banana sandwiches when dont even have songs we are playing nailed down.
    Just all part of band dynamics -wash, repeat -you have all been there. I sent out a email to throw down these charlatan ways and even to discourage his political rants that he is fond of.
    We will see how it goes LOL
    :)

Bunk McNulty, cvsurg, McG and 3 others like this.
  3. dbase

dbase Gold Supporting Member

Jan 3, 2008
    South Jersey, USA..
    I thought I was the only one.. We get a list of songs to prepare for next practice and I spend all week learning them and all of a sudden the lead guitar starts noodling a different song that was not on the list that he likes... and everyone joins in as though they already know it... except me.

4. Holdsg

Holdsg Talkbass > Work Gold Supporting Member

Sep 10, 2009
    Alta Loma, CA
    if a band leader of mine pulled out a new song at a gig, that we've never rehearsed or worked on....I would, in very strong terms, request that we never do that again, or new bass player would be needed. It wouldn't matter if I knew it or not. You just don't do that, it's part of the code (unless you're a jazz cat or something like that and you're expected to know 500 standards).

5. Bunk McNulty

Dec 11, 2012
    Northampton, MA
    The Can't Hardly Playboyz! Oh, I want to hear these guys!:roflmao:

McG, Jimmy4string, jjk2007 and 3 others like this.
  6. Ouch, sorry to hear it turned into a train wreck. but you guys are good you'll bounce

7. dbase

Jan 3, 2008
    South Jersey, USA..
    riverview.jpg

McG, Jimmy4string, Holdsg and 3 others like this.
  8. Bunk McNulty

Dec 11, 2012
    Northampton, MA
    Jane's been busy. Some new venues, and July looks a lot like the olden days (2019)
    4 12 Redhead calendar update.jpg

Sore Thumb, McG, Jimmy4string and 6 others like this.
  9. So the 30' speaker cables have a arrive :)
    upload_2021-4-15_10-13-6.png

McG, dbase, BassCliff and 1 other person like this.
  10. Holdsg

Sep 10, 2009
    Alta Loma, CA
    Tomorrow night in San Juan Capistrano
    No pics yet with the new bass player.

paddys 24K 4-16.jpg

11. BassCliff

BassCliff

May 17, 2012
    So. Cal.
    Gary!

Hey! I've been on that stage in the picture. Screaming Sally's is quite the interesting place. ;)

Break a leg!

I guess Paddy's Station got their liquor license back. Yay band!

4aIVIRue4xJugqowdiIHmHwTyhe0Q5Ri1rAjSdowEZ-0hpZvUwfgbQgFB93pyfvlSA_Y6-Q=w1248-h936-no?authuser=0.jpg

gnyULNtrMiCJT7-OayxSifEkSlBxuwIIarziLM_2AQXEgAyqnH-NOuhGVi8L6ElH52hzmfg=w1248-h936-no?authuser=0.jpg

Thank you for your indulgence,

BassCliff

12. dbase

Jan 3, 2008
    South Jersey, USA..
    Like the bass

McG and Jamvan like this.
  13. Getting more gig pics back in the gig thread is most welcome!
    I hope to be adding soon! Shine on you crazy diamonds

14. Jamvan

Jamvan The Bassist Formerly Known As Meh Gold Supporting Member

Nov 11, 2014
    Minnesota
    More gig photos are great! It's exciting to see. I didn't post this one from our last gig in March as I frankly didn't want to deal with any blowback re: social distancing. I was personally less than thrilled with how folks were, uhm, enjoying themselves just because we weren't (and still aren't) out of the woods up here in MN but considering there were no cases that came from this event, I figure we're good.

It WAS fun to play for folks feeling everything you're putting down. Felt almost normal.
    IMG_2463.JPG

And for the Facebook inclined. Here's a rusty version of Who Wouldn't Want to be Me in all it's Facebook Live fidelity!

We're back here again next week. Can't wait.

15. Holdsg

Sep 10, 2009
    Alta Loma, CA
    Stinky little bar band. Check

8AFDAF82-F182-416E-BDE9-0CCE63C89222.jpeg

16. Thanks for the like dbase, have added some more instruments so I will re-post the revised version tomorrow I really feel that it is coming to life :)

Bunk McNulty, Jamvan and dbase like this.
  17. So sounded amazing thanks for sharing

oldandbold, Bunk McNulty and Jamvan like this.
  18. BassCliff

BassCliff

May 17, 2012
    So. Cal.
    Rob,

Good groove, my friend. :)

Thank you for your indulgence,

BassCliff

Jimmy4string, Jamvan and rtslinger like this.
  19. So my Drummer and I are completely vaccinated, Singer is going Sat for his 2nd and my Guitarist has his last shot at the end of the month. The PHOENIXBAND will fly again :) can't wait
    Here is me enjoying playing a Ozzy song from 2017 with my partner in crime for 46 years my 1975 Gibson Ripper

Last edited: Apr 20, 2021
    Sore Thumb, jjk2007, McG and 2 others like this.
  20. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

May 9, 2021