Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

CHECK IN: TB NC GTG @ Roscoe!

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Gard, Jul 29, 2005.

1. Gard

Gard Commercial User

Mar 31, 2000
    Greensboro, NC, USA
    General Manager, Roscoe Guitars
    That's right folks, one week and counting!

:hyper:

Who's coming, let's have a head count!!!

Also, the GTG itself is scheduled from 3-6 (approximately), and then those that are interested are welcome to come hang at the baseball game afterward (here's the ballclub's website: www.gsohoppers.com), so all that are interested in going to the game let me know as well, I will purchase a "block" of tickets together (figure $8 per ticket).

Please PM me for further details, directions, and phone numbers for those that need them, as I won't be posting this information on an open forum.

2. KB

KB

Jan 13, 2000
    Chapel Hill, NC
    I'm in. Not sure if I can make the baseball game too, but I'll verfiy. I'll send you a PM later today.

-KB

3. Brendan

Brendan

Jun 18, 2000
    Austin, TX
    Game, set, match.

I'll be bringing my Stingray, Spector, my rack, and maybe my Mesa cab and Ultra 60 head (Depends on how much I feel like lugging).

4. KB

KB

Jan 13, 2000
    Chapel Hill, NC
    I'll probably bring my G&L, Thunderfunk, Accugroove, and maybe my pedalboard.

5. I'm there and I'll be bringing either Deb or a friend. The only basses I'll have are my HCB maple fretless and the best sounding japanese jazz there ever was that doesn't have a name on the headstock. I'll be spending the night somewhere at a hotel so I'l get that booked up this week upcoming.

Allan

6. Gard

Gard Commercial User

Mar 31, 2000
    Greensboro, NC, USA
    Hammy, there's a Marriott not a mile from the shop, first time I came here for my interview, I got a NICE room there from priceline.com for $65, worth every penny....

7. Brendan

Brendan

Jun 18, 2000
    Austin, TX
    Oh, this is totally weak. C'mon people! SC, TN, KY, GA people, you need to get in on this. Gard made the Atlanta GTGs when he was in freakin' Orlando (even I made one).

You'd THINK y'all would get in on this, and be cool, like myself, Hammy, and KB. Hell, I'm driving 6 hours, Hammy's doing around 8, you guys can make the drive too.

Bring amps, basses, racks, amps and whatever! There's something to be said for small GTGs, but there's something more to be said for a freakin' barn burner.

It's even on a weekend; get on it, folks!

8. Gard

Gard Commercial User

Mar 31, 2000
    Greensboro, NC, USA
    ...wow...

:bawl:

...KB, Hambone, Brendan, me...

...c'mon, we can do better than this can't we?

We're gonna get BURIED by them Texans, how embarassing!!!

;)

...NCer's and VAer's y'know, Hambone is puttin' y'all to shame, coming all the way from Atlanta to be here for this!!!

STEP UP!

:hyper:

9. Brendan

Brendan

Jun 18, 2000
    Austin, TX
    Man, you TBers are a tough crowd. Not even shame will motivate you.

You guys suck.

10. KB

KB

Jan 13, 2000
    Chapel Hill, NC
    Come on! I know there are many other TBers in NC/VA.

-KB

11. Gard

Gard Commercial User

Mar 31, 2000
    Greensboro, NC, USA
    ...anyone know how to do a search for members from a particular area??? Maybe they're just not checkin' OT??? A gentle PM campaign may elicit some interest...

:meh:

12. JJBluegrasser

JJBluegrasser Wannabe Snazzy Dresser

Apr 17, 2003
    USA, Raleigh, NC
    Sorry guys, I just heard from Brenden about this. I hadn't been checking the Off Topic Thread. I'd come, but I'll be passed out at the PreddyFest Bluegrass Festival middle of the day Saturday. I'll have to catch you guys next time...

Jason

13. Mahlon

Mahlon

Jan 27, 2005
    Bennettsville SC
    I just got referred to this thread. What is this? When? It's not in the thread that I see.

Thanks.

14. Brendan

Brendan

Jun 18, 2000
    Austin, TX
    First post, Mahlon.

This thread is where you check in. PM, E-mail, or call Gard if you're confused.

But, as it stands, it's going down in Greensboro, NC at the Roscoe Guitars shop, on Saturday, August 6th from 3pm-6pm (roughly) with a baseball game after that, and then a local pub after that.

15. I'm in for the GTG

16. KB

KB

Jan 13, 2000
    Chapel Hill, NC
    I'm there for the GTG and also the baseball game now. Is everyone going to the baseball game too?

17. lamarjones

lamarjones Supporting Member

Aug 27, 2002
    Raleigh, NC
    I just heard of this as well!!!

I posted this on my site raleighmusic.com and we'll see. I'll be there. I'll bring what I can.

18. Dublin-Bass

Dublin-Bass Guest

Sep 24, 2003
    Dublin, Ireland
    I read the one on Raleighmusic. I'm sorry I can't go as I live
    on the other side of the Atlantic :crying: .

19. lamarjones

lamarjones Supporting Member

Aug 27, 2002
    Raleigh, NC
    Petey! Good to see you up here.

Anyways, I think the reason I did not see it was cause it is in off topic. Since we are pretty much gathering to check out basses, any way a moderator could hook this up in the basses forum for a couple of days? (ie, the forum people check all the time ;) )

Edit, ok now I see all the different stickied up here, I see why........

I'll start checking here more often.

20. pointbass

pointbass Semi-Retired Gold Supporting Member Supporting Member

Nov 4, 2004
    Acworth, GA
    Endorsing Artist: FBB Bass Works
    You guys are all crazy if you miss this opportunity to see the Roscoe shop in person. I stopped by to see Gard on Tuesday while I was in the area and left completely blown away by the stuff I saw (both in-process basses and some of the wood stock) .......

Do yourself a favor and figure a way to get there .... wish I could have stayed down a few days longer, but NJ is calling me home :bawl:

BTW, thanks Gard, I really appreciated your time and info :cool: