Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Check In : Who Played New Years ?

Discussion in 'Bass Humor & Gig Stories [BG]' started by amebassplaya, Jan 2, 2001.

1. Well, we had watch-night service at my Church. It was me on bass, an organist, keyboard player, drummer, and percussionist.

We started at 9:30 p.m., and before midnight, the place was PACKED. Something about the new-millenium (this is the REAL start of the millenium).

It was the most and longest I've played, and was pretty tired at the end (1:00). But everyone enjoyed it.

2. brewer9

brewer9

Jul 5, 2000
    My band did a great gig NY's Eve. It was the opening slot for an extremely good OZZY tribute band. There were about 300 people rocking out and having a super time. My band played well and put on a good show. The bassist for the headline band wore one of our t-shirts during their last song. Very cool!

3. embellisher

embellisher Holy Ghost filled Bass Player Staff Member Supporting Member

Church was cancelled due to weather, ame, or that's where I would have been until 8:00.

Did drive across town on the ice to play an oldies gig at a local joint, bassplayer from the 5 Americans(Western Union) sat in for 1 set.

Good gig, good crowd, no comment on his playing. Let's just say it's been a few years.

4. Did a packed out gig, got BIG money ($500 each), started 9.30, played last song 3.25! Talk about exhausted.
    BTW, most historians these days agree that the real millenium date was back in 1973, or 1963, I forget which. Seems the Julian and Gregorian calenders were mismatched, and the changeover did'nt allow for this. Can anyone supply further details on this?