1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to post, make friends, earn reward points at our store, remove most ads and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Check In : Who Played New Years ?

Discussion in 'Bass Humor & Gig Stories [BG]' started by amebassplaya, Jan 2, 2001.

1. Well, we had watch-night service at my Church. It was me on bass, an organist, keyboard player, drummer, and percussionist.

We started at 9:30 p.m., and before midnight, the place was PACKED. Something about the new-millenium (this is the REAL start of the millenium).

It was the most and longest I've played, and was pretty tired at the end (1:00). But everyone enjoyed it.

2. brewer9

brewer9

Jul 5, 2000
    My band did a great gig NY's Eve. It was the opening slot for an extremely good OZZY tribute band. There were about 300 people rocking out and having a super time. My band played well and put on a good show. The bassist for the headline band wore one of our t-shirts during their last song. Very cool!

3. embellisher

embellisher Holy Ghost filled Bass Player Supporting Member

Church was cancelled due to weather, ame, or that's where I would have been until 8:00.

Did drive across town on the ice to play an oldies gig at a local joint, bassplayer from the 5 Americans(Western Union) sat in for 1 set.

Good gig, good crowd, no comment on his playing. Let's just say it's been a few years.

4. Did a packed out gig, got BIG money ($500 each), started 9.30, played last song 3.25! Talk about exhausted.
    BTW, most historians these days agree that the real millenium date was back in 1973, or 1963, I forget which. Seems the Julian and Gregorian calenders were mismatched, and the changeover did'nt allow for this. Can anyone supply further details on this?