Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Check it out. (Finally!)

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by Woodchuck, Apr 29, 2004.

1. Woodchuck

Woodchuck

Apr 21, 2000
    Atlanta / Macon (sigh)
    Gallien Krueger for the last 12 years!
    Well cats and kitties, as you know we are in the studio putting the finishing touches on the album. Well, the label finally got parts on the site running, but the music section is up. It has songs samples from the EP. Go check it out, and let a rodent know what you think. Heck,sign up for the mailing list if you're into that sort of thing. (Not that there's anything wrong with that! :D ) BTW, the logo sux, IMO!

We've got linkage: http://www.elpus.com/

2. JMX

JMX Vorsprung durch Technik

Sep 4, 2000
    Cologne, Germany
    Nice tracks, the first and fourth song sound surprisingly "British", at least the guitars.

You're right about the logo :D

3. SuperDuck

SuperDuck

Sep 26, 2000
    Wisconsin
    Ooo ee oh ee oooh

(re: arrogant)

And, yeah, the cat kinda looks like it's getting a suppository.

4. secretdonkey

secretdonkey

Oct 9, 2002
    Austin, TX
    Niiiiiiice! Congrats! :bassist:

Interesting to compare these to the versions I got to hear awhile back (thanks again for that, Woody).

Oh, and as an advertising professional, I'd say that whoever was in charge of that logo, owes you a serious Artie Fufkin (kick my ass, please, do it for me!).

Can you say when it'll hit the streets?

5. SuperDuck

SuperDuck

Sep 26, 2000
    Wisconsin
    No, no, no. The correct phrasing is, "When is that album gonna drop?"

6. secretdonkey

secretdonkey

Oct 9, 2002
    Austin, TX
    My bad... have an Artie Fufkin on me. ;)

JMX, didn't you know you needed an animal-reference username to post in this thread? ;) :D

7. This is awesome! Nice work Woodchuck. For some reason the vocalist reminds me of the guy from Hed Planet Earth (some metal band.) I like it though, it all works well together. :hyper:

8. Petebass

Petebass

Dec 22, 2002
    QLD Australia
    Firstly, I agree with the logo backlash. It looks like that pussy is yawning.

Tracks 3 and 4 are great. I seem to prefer the groove based tunes than the rocky ones. For some reason they suit the band better. And track 5's groove had me confused for a second there, but sounds sweet once you wrap your brain around the snare hits on "4 and".

The production is excellent WC. I'm playing it through a decent stereo system, one that highlights poor production, and everything sounds good. Maybe a little scooped in the bass, but that's probably better for these songs than my prefered sound.

Good work!!!!!!!!!!

9. Hey Woodchuck, which one are you going to put on the TalkBass CD sampler?

We just gotta have you on there.......come on man, the deadline is May 15th, approaching really fast!

[​IMG]
    Treena