1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Check it out. My Funky Fender P-Bass Clips

Discussion in 'Recordings [BG]' started by zac2944, May 7, 2006.

1. zac2944

zac2944

Dec 28, 2004
    Rochester, NY
    Check out these home recordings I made with my P-Bass and Reason:

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/pagemusic.cfm?bandID=535009

Two of the tunes (MFTGF & BB) are studio recordings I did with my old band Gravity back NY. Ignore them unless you are really interested. The other two (PRJ2 & PRJ3) I wipped up on my PC/Cubase/Reason set up I've got at home. The home recordings are just that. I plug my bass into my PC's AUX input jack. Nothin fancy. It's just me jammin on my P-bass to some midi stuff I created in Reason. It's all first take stuff, so you'll hear some missed notes,etc.

Enjoy.

Feel free to let me know what you think.

2. Hello.
    I was going through some old bass clips I downloaded from TB over the years, and I couldn't help but notice (only after this much time) that your PRJ2 and PRJ3 clips in your now-dead link sounded so awesome.

I don't know if you remember even doing these anymore, but I was wondering what sort of setup you used for these two clips, exactly. From reading around your threads, it seems you may have used a stock '97 Fender P around this time, but I wanted to make sure. What kind of strings and pickups were on it, too?

It took a while for me to pin-point the kind of P tone I need right now, and I believe I've found it. Sorry for taking this long to notice.

P.S.
    Clear some space in your PM inbox!