Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Check it out, NEW JAZZ STYLE BASS!!

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by bobbybass85, Feb 9, 2006.

1. So here's my new bass, I just finished assembling it a week or so ago. It's sweet! It's a Signature J-bass body (same as Jazz but a little lighter anf thinner) with an all parts neck. Let me know what you think.

View attachment 29457

View attachment 29458

2. j-raj

j-raj Bassist: Educator/Soloist/Performer Staff Member Supporting Member

Jan 14, 2003
    Atlanta, GA!
    sweet jazz... it looks killer!

3. Tony G

Tony G

Jan 20, 2006
    NY
    very nice man!

4. Eilif

Eilif Supporting Member

Oct 1, 2001
    Chicago
    Beautiful!

5. fender_mod

fender_mod

Jun 23, 2005
    how thick is that neck you got on? ive got a standard allparts maple jazz neck and its definately thinner than standard fender necks cuz its a 1 piece neck w/o a fretboard. i wanna put the same neck you got on but not sure how much thicker it will be.

6. vision

vision It's all about the groove! Supporting Member

Feb 25, 2005
    Ann Arbor, MI
    looks great...i love the color!

7. Tony G

Tony G

Jan 20, 2006
    NY
    That neck is pretty expensive for a standard neck with nothing more than a single truss rod for support. You can get something similar from warmoth or usa customs with graphite rods in them for the same price if not cheaper, can't you?

8. JazzBassMayn

JazzBassMayn

Dec 10, 2005
    Oregon, OH
    Does anyone know if all of the allparts jazz necks are thinner? I was looking at getting a rosewood one with the block inlays. how much different will that be than my neck on my standard MIM jazz? does anyone know?

9. Man great job.. :bassist:

10. wow, i really like that colour, a lot. i love blue, but too bad i cant find any basses that look like that. hope you have fun with it, bye

11. uglycicles

uglycicles Supporting Member

Dec 10, 2003
    Southwest Chicago
    Awesome color. Definitely has the "unique" factor.

Nice job!

12. anonymous278347457

anonymous278347457 Guest

Feb 12, 2005
    love block inlays

13. MJ5150

MJ5150 Terrific Twister

Apr 12, 2001
    Lacey, WA
    I like the color. The block inlays on the neck really tie it together nicely. The maple neck looks sweet.

What's inside for electronics?

-Mike

14. Nino Valenti

Nino Valenti Commercial User

Feb 2, 2001
    Staten Island NYC
    Builder: Valenti Basses
    What an awesowe colr combo!!! If it plays 1/2 as good as it looks, you got one hell of a bass!!!!!

15. As for the thickness, i'm not sure what the exact thickness is at the heel but i did have to change mounting screws because the standard fender size screws would've been to long. The pickups are Signature Axis JB pickups, and they're foam mounted. They sound awesome!! the best thing about the bass though is the color and how it shifts from blue to green in the light, i wish i could get it to show in a picture. i bought the body of ebay from a seller named slonk18, i would HIGHLY recommend him if anyone is looking to build one.

16. Blueszilla

Blueszilla Bassist ordinaire

Apr 2, 2003
    The Duke City
    Nice job, looks killer!

17. SuperDuck

SuperDuck

Sep 26, 2000
    Wisconsin
    That looks pretty hep. :cool:

It would look even _cooler_ if you took the time to wipe off the finger smudges before photographing it. ;) No sense putting all that time into getting that bass together and then not taking that extra step for a shiny look.