Check Mew out!

Discussion in 'Recordings [BG]' started by carl-anton, Oct 25, 2002.

1. Hi guys!
    You gotta check this song out! It's by the danish (the country!) band MEW. There's some real nice bassplaying and a real good distortion on it. I like it a lot!

I don't know how to link to these files (tell me if you know howto!). So, go here , press music&video and select "Am I Wry? No" video (gives you the full song instead of a clip)

Tell me what you think!

(...and tell me how to link to other pages than the front pages, when it's a 'frame' site)
  2. bump chi bumpbump chi...:rolleyes:

3. NoNoise

NoNoise Supporting Member

Mar 5, 2005
    New Jersey
    Saw this post when I was doing some searching on distortions. I bet a lot more people know this band now. :) I've been listening to them for about 4 years or so now, but I don't think that Mew was available in the US in 2002...Their Frengers album was released here in 2003.

I know there are others besides US members on here, but I think most of us are US Americans...
  4. AndretheBassist

Jul 12, 2007
    hey they're pretty cool! Singer reminds me of Daniel Johns of Silverchair in a way...back in the Neon Ballroom era when they still did alternative rock =)
  5. Joenok

Jul 1, 2005
    Arctic Norway
    Mew is cool!
    I really like Frengers, and I was pretty disappointed when "Mew and the Glass handed kites" came out.
    A few good tracks though.

-While we´re talking danish bands, check out Kashmir. -Right, Carl-Anton?
    One of my all time favourites. (not so much cool bass, but otherwise)