Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Check Mew out!

Discussion in 'Recordings [BG]' started by carl-anton, Oct 25, 2002.

1. Hi guys!
    You gotta check this song out! It's by the danish (the country!) band MEW. There's some real nice bassplaying and a real good distortion on it. I like it a lot!

I don't know how to link to these files (tell me if you know howto!). So, go here , press music&video and select "Am I Wry? No" video (gives you the full song instead of a clip)

Tell me what you think!

(...and tell me how to link to other pages than the front pages, when it's a 'frame' site)

2. bump chi bumpbump chi...:rolleyes:

c'mon!!!

3. NoNoise

NoNoise Supporting Member

Mar 5, 2005
    New Jersey
    Saw this post when I was doing some searching on distortions. I bet a lot more people know this band now. :) I've been listening to them for about 4 years or so now, but I don't think that Mew was available in the US in 2002...Their Frengers album was released here in 2003.

I know there are others besides US members on here, but I think most of us are US Americans...

4. AndretheBassist

AndretheBassist

Jul 12, 2007
    hey they're pretty cool! Singer reminds me of Daniel Johns of Silverchair in a way...back in the Neon Ballroom era when they still did alternative rock =)

5. Joenok

Joenok

Jul 1, 2005
    Arctic Norway
    Mew is cool!
    I really like Frengers, and I was pretty disappointed when "Mew and the Glass handed kites" came out.
    A few good tracks though.

-While we´re talking danish bands, check out Kashmir. -Right, Carl-Anton?
    One of my all time favourites. (not so much cool bass, but otherwise)