Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Check out Fender Japan ...

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by demolition, Jul 25, 2004.

1. demolition

demolition Guest

Jul 5, 2003
    Conn.
    I have been checking out the Fender Japan web-site and am impressed totally with there products,while I was working at G.C. I had a repeat customer who only played Japanese made fenders,and man were they sweet !! :bassist:
    These basses are almost the exact same quality as American series basses, and the re-issues models(U.S) are equal to the ones from Fender Japan make
    The only difference is that the Fender Japans dont have string through bridges and high end h/ware but everything else is the same,from the frett-work,the finish and down to the sound ,which I almost forgot to mention are American electronics and pick-ups
    They are well made and the quality control is tight and they start at only 400.00$ for the basic 72(?)p-bass,and max out at 575.00$ or so for a 62 Sunburst maple neck P-bass.
    And the Jazz basses are equally as nice,and they make many different year models to choose from. So before you settle on a Mexican Fender, or a used American, or even HighWay 1 bass give these a look,you wont be disappointed :bassist:

2. Figjam

Figjam

Aug 5, 2003
    Boston, MA
    +1. He said it all. If it werent for the Godin SD, i think the Fender MIJ jazz special would be the best p/j bass for the price, but i like the Godin more, i think it has more style :cool: