1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Check out Fender Japan ...

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by demolition, Jul 25, 2004.

1. demolition

demolition Guest

Jul 5, 2003
    Conn.
    I have been checking out the Fender Japan web-site and am impressed totally with there products,while I was working at G.C. I had a repeat customer who only played Japanese made fenders,and man were they sweet !! :bassist:
    These basses are almost the exact same quality as American series basses, and the re-issues models(U.S) are equal to the ones from Fender Japan make
    The only difference is that the Fender Japans dont have string through bridges and high end h/ware but everything else is the same,from the frett-work,the finish and down to the sound ,which I almost forgot to mention are American electronics and pick-ups
    They are well made and the quality control is tight and they start at only 400.00$ for the basic 72(?)p-bass,and max out at 575.00$ or so for a 62 Sunburst maple neck P-bass.
    And the Jazz basses are equally as nice,and they make many different year models to choose from. So before you settle on a Mexican Fender, or a used American, or even HighWay 1 bass give these a look,you wont be disappointed :bassist:

2. Figjam

Figjam

Aug 5, 2003
    Boston, MA
    +1. He said it all. If it werent for the Godin SD, i think the Fender MIJ jazz special would be the best p/j bass for the price, but i like the Godin more, i think it has more style :cool: