Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Check out my band-In Progress !

Discussion in 'Recordings [BG]' started by Vorago, May 22, 2005.

1. Vorago

Vorago (((o)))

Jul 17, 2003
    Antwerp, Belgium
    http://www.myspace.com/inprogressmusicfiles

Here you can listen to a track from our first demo (entitled Demo I), called "Around a border". Please feel free to comment. It was recorded directly on computer, so the sound quality isn't great. We're pretty happy about how it turned out. It's something between Metal and Rock, I can't really label it.

Have a listen and enjoy ;)

Cheers

2. Vorago

Vorago (((o)))

Jul 17, 2003
    Antwerp, Belgium
    bumpitibump, common' no opinions?

3. Vorago

Vorago (((o)))

Jul 17, 2003
    Antwerp, Belgium
  4. Vorago

Vorago (((o)))

Jul 17, 2003
    Antwerp, Belgium
    And another bump for myself...This thread has been viewed over 50 times, but no comments on the music? :eyebrow:

5. EricTheEZ1

EricTheEZ1

Nov 23, 2004
    Clawson, MI
    It's not great forum etiquette to bump yourself that many times. In the beginning, was that a different time signature or just a screw up?

IMO: I didn't like the vocals at all. I found the bass to be appropriately toned and I thought the fills were decent. I didn't really like the guitarist's tone or playing.

The whole thing sounds a bit faded. I'm sure that was due to recording methods, though.

-Eric.

6. Vorago

Vorago (((o)))

Jul 17, 2003
    Antwerp, Belgium
    I know about the bumping, but I was a bit struck by the fact that the thread was viewed more than 50 times and nobody bothered to comment. What don't you like about the vocals? Pitch? Tone? Timing? My teacher didn't like them as well, and I'd like to know what to considerate next time. Please keep in mind that this is a louzy production, done on a cheap computer with cheap mics ;)

Thanks for replying!

edit; yes that's a different time signature

7. Mark Wilson

Mark Wilson Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Jan 12, 2005
    Toronto, Ontario
    Endorsing Artist: Elixir® Strings
    Sounds like System Of a Down

8. Vorago

Vorago (((o)))

Jul 17, 2003
    Antwerp, Belgium
    Yeah I heard that comment before, I have no clue why, but it's cool :cool:

9. Joe Garage

Joe Garage

Mar 13, 2005
    Are you the singer Vorago?

10. Vorago

Vorago (((o)))

Jul 17, 2003
    Antwerp, Belgium
    I've been posting here about basses for almost 2 years, and I'm the singer :rolleyes: :D

I'm the bassplayer, which is a bit more logical ;)

11. Joe Garage

Joe Garage

Mar 13, 2005

You know that for some it’s possible to do both?

:eyebrow:

12. Vorago

Vorago (((o)))

Jul 17, 2003
    Antwerp, Belgium
    I know I can't :D

I'm uploading another tune right now, but it's gonna take a while (0.7kb/sec and dropping :eyebrow: )

edit; second tune online, a bit more straight-forward than the previous one. Let me know what you think :)