1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Check Out My Band's Music Video

Discussion in 'Recordings [BG]' started by canteenboy, May 4, 2015.

1. canteenboy

canteenboy

Jan 30, 2007
    I've been a member here for a bit. I've always been more of a lurker but I've recently started posting my band's material/upddates. Usually I wouldn't be so into a band I was playing bass in but this is my band. This has been the first time I've sung lead or played my original material.

The band is basically me and the keys player. We've gone threw a few drummers and guitarists. We are still looking for the band mates.

Here's the second song we put on youtube. It's the piano players song.

Blues, Greens, & Reds

2. StyleOverShow

StyleOverShow Still Playing After All These Years Gold Supporting Member

May 3, 2008
    Portland
    Nice tune, a little light fare. Bass tone was very good.

3. canteenboy

canteenboy

Jan 30, 2007
    It's the keyboard players instrumental writing style. I like it a lot. He has his sound imo. We have two other songs that we recorded during this demo session. Two have lyrics and are mine. I'll post the soundcloud real quick. We are gonna record 4 more songs in a few weeks.

4. canteenboy

canteenboy

Jan 30, 2007
  5. canteenboy

canteenboy

Jan 30, 2007
    Let me know what you guys think. I always value this communities opinion.

6. Boom762

Boom762 I AM the one who Booms! Supporting Member

Oct 19, 2013
    Lubbock, TX
    I think a go pro on the hood of a car or bumper would go great as a video segment for this song. The drums remind me of a car rolling down the highway.

I dig your tone, I dig the happy walking bass lines. To me, IMHO, something feels like it's missing when the guitar solo isn't going on. I can't put my finger on it. Maybe turn the drums a bit. I'm no sound engineer though so take my comment with a grain of salt.

7. canteenboy

canteenboy

Jan 30, 2007
    Thanks for the feedback boom. I actually would love to blend in better with the guitar. I feel like I never match up my parts with him as well as I do with the keys. I hear you on the energy/something missing. I actually think that feeling centers around us not being able to jam the song out organically. We boxed it in a bit to record.

8. canteenboy

canteenboy

Jan 30, 2007
    I guess it's hard to translate a live sound to a recording sometimes. I think we still have a lot to learn in that aspect.

9. canteenboy

canteenboy

Jan 30, 2007
    This thread just got relocated to this section. My apologies about the two threads on this page.