Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Check out my band's recordings(and the bagpipe)

Discussion in 'Recordings [BG]' started by LonghornBass, Dec 11, 2003.

1. Hey guys,
    My band, Buddy Revelle, just finished our CD and I am super excited about it. One of the songs, Calling after you, has bagpipe...check it out and give me some feedback! (Please listen to the other two as well!)

http://www.buddyrevelle.com/music/

2. Josh Ryan

Josh Ryan - that dog won't hunt, Monsignor. Staff Member Supporting Member

Mar 24, 2001
    That was great, very catchy, dig the bagpipe! I only listened to calling after you (I'm at work). the singer is perfect for this type of music, I can barely hear the bass on the PC speakers, but you do some nice fills in there. Bagpipe solo's :bassist: .

3. Wow.....I wasn't expecting something this good.

I dig it

4. Wrong Robot

Wrong Robot Guest

Apr 8, 2002
    It took forever to download this stuff on my cable modem, you guys could use a better host.

I didn't want to comment till I had heard all three, but the rate that they were downloading at...ugh.

oh well it was worth the wait

VERY solid playing, very well mixed, the whole band sounds great, the bagpipe fit in rather nicely. Nice bass work too!

very good stuff, I could imagine seeing this on MTV with a huge crowd of people screaming w0000!!! buddy revelle!!! :)

keep up the good work.

Sounds great.

5. Thanks for the feedback...
    I'm impressed with the way it turned out...hopefully we can get some interest from a label. Speaking of that, how does one go about getting an album to the ears of a label rep?

Wrong Robot - I agree with on the lame site host. We'll probably have to cut the songs down to 20-30 second samples to make it more accessible.

6. Wrong Robot

Wrong Robot Guest

Apr 8, 2002
    I would offer 30 second clips for the masses, and full length downloads for the fans. dig?

As far as getting heard...I dunno, but major labels won't accept unsolicited material, so you can't just send it in and hope it will get heard.

I think your best bet is to have as many shows as you can, sell an EP at your shows(if possible) or GIVE AWAY a free demo at your shows(if possible)

people love free stuff, and if you handed a free, 4 track demo, at a small venue, you can be guaranteed a large percentage of the population will drive home and pop the CD in ;)

well, that's optimistic at least.

You could try getting in touch with an indie label, from friends' experiences, they are generally more likely to hear you out.

also, there is CDbaby.com you don't need to have a label to put stuff up there for sale.(so far as I know)

I know I'll be sharing this music with my friends, I really dig it.

edit: I poked around on your site, looks like you got your full length album to sell, that's cool.

Also, it looks like your bio isn't loading...at least it wasn't for me, all the other ones did though :meh: