1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

check out my band's recordings...

Discussion in 'Recordings [BG]' started by drudonit, Apr 2, 2009.

1. drudonit

drudonit

Jan 30, 2009
    MI
    and don't "derail" me, because... that movie sucks anyways...

www.myspace.com/mikadosaginaw

alt-rock

we're re-recording either in isolated rooms or track for track so it doesnt sound like $hit. We're also possibly adding a second guitarist.

yeah not too proud of the quality but at least tell me if you like the originality.

2. shades990

shades990

Apr 1, 2009
    I think the songs could be good with higher recording quality! I can dig the overall sound of this. I do have to question the background and main picture you guys have - not only for their quality, but I hope you guys know solidly what you're doing with the Kanji.

3. drudonit

drudonit

Jan 30, 2009
    MI
    thanks! well we do have our kanji symbol but the ones on the background are random brushes we downloaded for photoshop, they're not offensive are they?? ha! thought i'd ask

4. MistaMarko

MistaMarko

Feb 3, 2006
    USA
    Sounds good! The production is better than most newer bands. It sounds as if it was recorded extremely well, but not much was done after that in post-production. Sounds a bit raw still. You have all the materials at hand, you just need to assemble them the right way. Sounds great though! Maybe the vocals could have a bit more reverb and be louder.

As for the style...not my style particularly, but sounds very great. Sounds like Iron Maiden instrumentals almost with more melodic vocals!

5. drudonit

drudonit

Jan 30, 2009
    MI
    thank you! I definitely see the Maiden-esque of our song Year One. We have lots of stuff besides the stuff on myspace that we're posting soon. We got a blues-harmonica jam called "Stay Strong" as well as a fast pop-punk song called "Your". Right now we're kind of back to the drawing board with the four of us writing stuff with newer tempos we felt a lot of our stuff was having too much of the same formula.

6. MistaMarko

MistaMarko

Feb 3, 2006
    USA
    Awesome man! Let us know when it's up...would love to hear it!

You guys are definitely riding a great wave...keep it up! Innovation is the key =)

-Mark