Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Check out my band's site...

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by RedV, Aug 24, 2003.

1. RedV

RedV

Mar 19, 2002
    Eustis, FL
    It's not fully functional yet, but I wanted to get some opinions. Feel free to sign the guestbook or shoot us an email to join the mailing list. Thanks.

red5music.com

Alex

2. Blackbird

Blackbird Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Mar 18, 2000
    California
    Call me an idealist, but a band called Red5 should have something red on their website.:)

Is the ashtray your band's logo?

Aside from the color thing, it looks very nice. Are you writing the code yourself?

3. RedV

RedV

Mar 19, 2002
    Eustis, FL
    lol...I've had the band named for years and for years EVERYTHING was red and white. I got tired of it:) The ash try is actually one of our stickers...it just worked with the look I was going for.

I actually know very little code. I mean, I can get around with it, but I'd have a hard time starting from scratch and doing something like this. However, I'm very proficient with Adobe's products and basically did the whole site in Illustrator then transferred it over to Yahoo's little page builder and cleaned up what I needed to.

Thanks for checking it out though.

Alex

4. Pretty nice. The red would suit it, though!

5. RedV

RedV

Mar 19, 2002
    Eustis, FL
    lol...I'll take the red into consideration...maybe it can make a comeback:)

6. fastplant

fastplant

Sep 26, 2002
    Connecticut
    Nice, Star Wars references go well with me!! :D

7. RedV

RedV

Mar 19, 2002
    Eustis, FL
    no way...fastplant, I owe you a beer. You are only the SECOND person to EVER get that. Mucho impressed.:)

8. Johnny BoomBoom

Johnny BoomBoom Supporting Member

Jun 8, 2001
    Glasgow, Scotland
    "Red 5 standing by...." immediately sprung to mind!! And a lack of X-wings on your site......

9. fastplant

fastplant

Sep 26, 2002
    Connecticut
    [​IMG]

10. ditto

11. Jeb T

Jeb T

Feb 19, 2002
    San Carlos, CA
    I'm open to suggestion on my site, www.freakwagon.com.

One thing you might consider is contrasting colors to spice it up visually. At some point you may want to get a webhost that doesn't have pop-up ads, which are a little annoying and automatically spell unprofessional.

Of course, if Freakwagon doesn't spell unprofessional I don't what does.

Cheers,
    Jeb

12. Exedore

Exedore

Nov 15, 2002
    Pasadena, Ca, USA
    Personally, I LIKE that you don't have any red on the site. It's ok to not be totally predictable.
    And I don't know if I should feel good or bad for not catching the Star Wars reference.
    From what I've seen, it looks really good. The only thing, as mentioned above, is the pop-up adds are annoying. I know webspace doesn't grow on trees but nobody and I mean NOBODY likes those things.

Jeb, your site looks cool too. I like the Mystery Machine-esque Freakwagon mobile at the top.
    Wyld Stallions!:bassist:

13. RedV

RedV

Mar 19, 2002
    Eustis, FL
    Thanks a lot guys. I'm not sure if I should be impressed or scared that so many of you caught the star wars reference:D

I agree that pop ups ARE the devil and hopefully we'll be able to get some webspace soon...I just can't afford it right now and this was mainly to let people keep track of our shows; I just got a little carried away:)

Thanks again, and if you're from the Florida area or happen to be here, stop by and see us; we put on a hell of a show.

Alex

14. odie

odie Supporting Member

I think more color would be nice. Larger text especially in headings etc. I think having all brown text on a tan background isnt really working.

Other than that it looks like a good start.

15. RedV

RedV

Mar 19, 2002
    Eustis, FL
    Thanks odie.

16. Funny how no one has mentioned anything musical...hmmm.......(hope your ok) :D

I haven't seen the site but I don't have enought time to do that at work.

-Anthony

17. RedV

RedV

Mar 19, 2002
    Eustis, FL
    lol..I'd like to think we're ok:D We're getting quite a fanbase, so we must be doing something right.

Alex