Check out my bass solo!

Discussion in 'Recordings [BG]' started by fleabass89, Apr 26, 2001.

1. Hey people, I recorded a cheesy slap solo through a 34 cent mike that came with my computer (you know, the little ones that aren't meant for instruments). I was REALLY nervous when i recorded this for some reason, and I made lots of mistakes. This is the best of all the recordings I made, I had to keep starting over because I messed up so much. I really don't suck as bad as you might think after listening to this. Hey just give it a try and please be honest. I won't care if you say it's horrible, unless you start throwing nasty insults.

enjoy! (at least try to!:D)

for the .wav version, click <a href="">here</a>

for the .mp3 version, click <a href="">here</a>

P.S. I recorded this from that crappy mike from a polytone gu*tar amp, so don't give me crap about my tone!:p
  2. :confused: sorry, i don't quite understand what you're saying
  3. john turner

john turner You don't want to do that. Trust me. Staff Member Administrator

Mar 14, 2000
    atlanta ga
    hey fleabass, sounds pretty cool, did a good job :D. next time, program in a little midi drum track on a sequencer, something real simple, and play to it. get that groovin' with the drums thing happening, that will tighten it up.

still, though, sounds good, and the tone is pretty good too. very nice.
  4. Josh Ryan

Josh Ryan - that dog won't hunt, Monsignor. Staff Member Supporting Member

Mar 24, 2001
  5. nice.
    good to hear I'm not alone in liking the P bass slap tone, as opposed to the usual scooped sound:D
  6. o lol i'm a jackass:D
  7. Brad Johnson

Brad Johnson Commercial User

Mar 8, 2000
    Gaithersburg, Md
    Boom Bass Cabinets, DR strings
    Sounds nice, fleabass.
  8. i think it sounds great, good work.
    as far as the "Realy Nervous"
    i am sure all of us have had the experience of having a bass part down cold, until the record button is pressed.

you will get over it.

Apr 13, 2001
    Kent, England.
    Cool. Very funky!:)
  10. Could you send me the tab for that solo?I want to show it to Dave Grossman,he's been(wink wink)wasting his time on the Bach.
  11. Gabu

Jan 2, 2001
    Woodland Hills, CA
    good deal man! :) You be rockin!! :D
  12. oh yes!! when my band went to the studio I knew my basslines very well (duh! I wrote them! :) ) but as soon as that guy started recording me, I made like 1000 mistakes at once! :) but I got over it, and managed to play it fairly well.. I think...

oh, and that´s pretty cool fb89... amazing sound from that kind of a mic... and no offense... but I could actually hear that you were a bit nervous :) funk on!
  13. No offense taken..Some of the notes are a lot softer than the others cause I was nervous. I could just get a compressor...
  14. :) yes.. or just play allt the other notes softer... :rolleyes:

actually, I do that alot! I miss notes, make 'em softer, do pull-offs and accidently pull the string of the fretboard giving me this nice "metal" sound.. and a strange look from my teacher... ;)
  15. but it's kind of hard to get a nice slapping sound if you play very soft. It has nothing to do with volume really, but the i guess a compressor wouldn't really be the answer, just practice.
  16. RAM

May 10, 2000
    Chicago, IL
    Sounds great!:D

Don't worry about getting nervous...that happens to me more than I care to think about:mad:
  17. Erlendur Már

Erlendur Már

May 24, 2000
    Keep up the good work!:)
  18. kirbywrx

kirbywrx formerly James Hetfield

Jul 27, 2000
    Melbourne, Australia.
    can u PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE send me the tabs. yeah thanks.
    GOOD WORK by the way
  19. Hategear

Hategear Workin' hard at hardly workin'.

Apr 6, 2001
    Appleton, Swissconsin
    Outta site, man!
  20. kirbywrx

kirbywrx formerly James Hetfield

Jul 27, 2000
    Melbourne, Australia.
    oh yeah and dont worry about being nervous cause if u dont get nervous there is something wrong.

again good work