1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Check out my fancy fills

Discussion in 'Recordings [BG]' started by chaosMK, Nov 17, 2006.

1. chaosMK

chaosMK

May 26, 2005
    Albuquerque, NM
    Too much hip thrust
    I just finished tracking bass parts and we are starting to do vocals. Here's a little jam that I threw some fancy tapping fills into. They are around :20, 1:00, 1:20.

Left Brain - Limerence (unmastered)

Tone on this is a blend of clean Cirrus signal through a tube compressor and my Bass 400/Cabinet miced.

2. Bryan R. Tyler

Bryan R. Tyler TalkBass: Usurping My Practice Time Since 2002 Staff Member Administrator Supporting Member

May 3, 2002
    Connecticut
    I could honestly not hear the bass at all over the drums at the time points you mentioned. Maybe it's just my PC?

3. s.m.80808

s.m.80808

May 5, 2006
    It's not your PC.

I think it has to do with the majority of the bass part being playedi n the upper register... which would probably sound good if the guitar were a little softer. I think the drums are kind of dry too.

4. chaosMK

chaosMK

May 26, 2005
    Albuquerque, NM
    Too much hip thrust
    It's not really mastered. Maybe I jumped the gun on this one and I'll hit you guys back when I can get a better version! I have a problem and need more cowbell... I mean bass.

5. chaosMK

chaosMK

May 26, 2005
    Albuquerque, NM
    Too much hip thrust
  6. Bryan R. Tyler

Bryan R. Tyler TalkBass: Usurping My Practice Time Since 2002 Staff Member Administrator Supporting Member

May 3, 2002
    Connecticut
    I can hear the bass a bit better now, but I still can't really tell what you're playing for the fills at mentioned times. I think part of the problem is that all three of you are playing fills at the same time, and with your bass sounding thinner than the drums and guitar, your fills are getting drowned out.