Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Check out my new bass solo tunes!

Discussion in 'Recordings [BG]' started by SlavaF, Jun 19, 2004.

1. SlavaF

SlavaF

Jul 31, 2002
    Edmonton AB
    Hey everyone. Lately, with school ending and all, I've been getting a lot of musical inspiration and ideas! (and I bought Rush in Rio :D) So i decided to make a new batch of solo tunes. Please check them out at my website, www.cartoonsafari.com/slava at the Media page. The ones at the bottom of the list are my newest ones. My current favorites are "Nightfall", "Typhoon" and "Black Mountains". Please listen to them and tell me what you think! I'd appreciate any positive or negative feedback. :)

2. sargebaker

sargebaker Commercial User

May 2, 2004
    Montreal QC CA
    owner/builder, ISLAND Instrument Mfg.
    dang man that stuff is pretty good! How long have you been playing/ how old are ya? Keep it up!
    Your Anesthesia thing is pretty cool, It used ot be my favourite solo to play when I first started.

3. SlavaF

SlavaF

Jul 31, 2002
    Edmonton AB

Thanks man! :D I've been playing for a bit over 3 years, I'm 15 right now. The Anesthesia thing was the first thing I played on my new bass, I should probably re-record it sometime.

4. thrash_jazz

thrash_jazz

Jan 11, 2002
    Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
    Artist: JAF Basses, Circle K Strings
  5. SlavaF

SlavaF

Jul 31, 2002
    Edmonton AB
    Bump... I'm in the process of making a Rush style epic right now. :D

6. PunkerTrav

PunkerTrav

Jul 18, 2001
    Canada & USA
    Good stuff :bassist: Nice to see another Edmonton bassist. :D :D :D there's actually a few of us on here nowadays.

Keep it up,
    Travis

7. Figjam

Figjam

Aug 5, 2003
    Boston, MA
    Pretty nice man. I like some of the practice/warm up things on PT. Ive never really had something to do when im warming up so i might adopt the scale things. Nice Anesthesia too, basicaly the same way i play it.

8. SlavaF

SlavaF

Jul 31, 2002
    Edmonton AB
    Thanks Figjam! I never thought those scale things were actually of some use to others before... I've been using a few others, I'll probably PT them in the near future.

9. Woodchuck

Woodchuck

Apr 21, 2000
    Atlanta / Macon (sigh)
    Gallien Krueger for the last 12 years!
    Jesus! Am I the only one that sucks here?! Cool tunes!

10. SlavaF

SlavaF

Jul 31, 2002
    Edmonton AB
  11. DaveBeny

DaveBeny

Mar 22, 2000
    London, UK
    I just downloaded 'Nightfall' - I like it! Some really nice ideas in there and a nice chordal sound. I love the passage that comes in at 1:36. Are you tapping on this tune?

I will check out some more of your music soon.

12. SlavaF

SlavaF

Jul 31, 2002
    Edmonton AB
    Nah... I can't tap too well :D . I multi-tracked it... cuz I have the chords, and then I recorded 2 tracks on top (the "solo") which is harmonized.

I'm glad you liked it!

13. Nick Gann

Nick Gann Talkbass' Tubist in Residence

Mar 24, 2002
    Silver Spring, MD
    Your songs are really cool. What kind of recording gear do you have?

14. SlavaF

SlavaF

Jul 31, 2002
    Edmonton AB
    I just use Cakewalk Pro Audio 9. I record directly into the computer, seeing as I'm poor and have no decent amp... :D I've got a pretty bare bones setup actually!

15. Nick Gann

Nick Gann Talkbass' Tubist in Residence

Mar 24, 2002
    Silver Spring, MD
    Cool. That is exactly what I used to do before I got my new computer which doesn't have Cakewalk PA9 :(

16. Benjamin Strange

Benjamin Strange Commercial User

Dec 25, 2002
    New Orleans, LA
    Owner / Tech: Strange Guitarworks
    The Monolith is awfully quiet...

17. SlavaF

SlavaF

Jul 31, 2002
    Edmonton AB
    Yeah, it is for the first minute or so. After that I'm pretty sure it gets up to normal volume. I'll have to check it out.

18. Joe Turski

Joe Turski

Jul 29, 2003
    Connecticut
    m
    Cool stuff man. The timing is a little off on some tunes, but really good. You're gonna be a monster in the future.

19. SlavaF

SlavaF

Jul 31, 2002
    Edmonton AB
    Thanks! I sure hope so... :D BTW Joe, on which songs did you notice the time to be off?