Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Check out my new bass!!!

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by john turner, Feb 9, 2001.

1. john turner

john turner You don't want to do that. Trust me. Staff Member Administrator

Mar 14, 2000
    atlanta ga
  2. Acacia

Acacia

Apr 26, 2000
    Austin, TX
    is that the "Desert Storm Camo" model?

i would LOVE to try out a Conklin 4 string, but nowhere to try it. :(

3. By God, I knew it. Just yesterday I was surfing Ebay and I saw that bass and thought " that has got John Turner's name written all over it." I actually put that item on My Ebay in "Items I'm Watching" just to see how long it would take you to snag it.
    I actually think that bass looks the coolest of all you singleneck [​IMG] basses.
    Anway, congrats man and I can't wait to see a new family picture with that new bass, your new 8 string, your new hollow 7 string, and the old 7 fretted with the new neck. I'm telling you that pic could win a pulitzer prize.

4. john turner

Mar 14, 2000
    atlanta ga
    thanks man! :D yeah, i can't wait to see the new 8 too. the hollow might take a few months, but the 8 is pending...like now. :rolleyes: i am jonesing for that 8.

i really need a hobby. :D

5. JT, I am down with ya brotha!

This damn GAS is an insidious a disease as any malady on the planet. Just when you think remission is around the corner WHAM!, you get laid up again footing the bill for yet another sweet siren. If they were women we'd really be in trouble.;)

Kudo's on the newest. I'm with Belair57, I like this one best.

By the way - your hobby could be just polishing all of these basses!

6. Yvon

Yvon Supporting Member

Nov 2, 2000
    Montreal, Canada
    Great bass, very beautiful
    Félicitation!

But why another one??
    How many 7 string will you have?

7. boogiebass

boogiebass

Aug 16, 2000
    Hey John,

Is that a 7 on your MP3? Sounds great! I've been jonesing BAD for a Conklin 7, I'm a 6 string Alembic player most of the time and am really thinking about that extra range. Got my eye on a sweet one, better not tell you where or you'll snatch it!

Peace, bro.

8. JT,
    I knew it!!!! HA!! I knew you'd do it. Bassmonkeee found that one and showed it to me, and I said "we should e-mail JT and tell him. He'll probably snap it up." So he did. And you did!! Awesome!
    I still want to see you grab that awesome quilted one from Guitar Resurrection in Texas:
    http://www.guitarrez.com/usedhtml/conklin.html

9. john turner

Mar 14, 2000
    atlanta ga
    ooo, tell me tell me!! i can't afford another right now anyway ;). seriously, though, good luck with it, and if you get it, let me know.

10. john turner

Mar 14, 2000
    atlanta ga
    is that bass monkee's email? cool, now i can spam his ass :D

that one at guitar rez is pretty kick ass, but it's about $1000 too high for me. if i wanted to spend that much money, i'd get bill to make me one. :D

11. Hey JT, Guess What[​IMG] I just checked out the Guiness Book of World Records. It seems that you could make a lot of records with you basses. It seems as though there aren't any records at all for the bass so that could be just the thing to give us bass players some of the respect we deserve.[​IMG] [​IMG]

12. john turner

Mar 14, 2000
    atlanta ga
    let's see...
    with the new neck for the bolt on, that makes 2 7 string freltesses, 3 7 string fretteds, 2 8 strings (fretless and fretted -SOON) a hollow body 7 string freted, and of course the doubleneck 7 string fretted 7 string fretless.

i need a roadie.

13. john turner

Mar 14, 2000
    atlanta ga
    hey, that would be cool. maybe the record for wearing the most strings at one time - i could put all my basses on at once, when i get the ones being made that'll be 72 strings at one time. :D

14. air_leech

air_leech

Sep 1, 2000
    Israel
    wow, the one on Guitar Resurection is just damn' beautiful!

the one on E-bay just makes me want to eat belgian waffle (ok, so I'm kinda sick).

anyway John, buy both...I guess if you can give up new strings for a month you could have money for both ;)

15. john turner

Mar 14, 2000
    atlanta ga
    shoot, i get my strings direct - cost me about us$18 a set (for 8 strings, .150", .135", .107", .078", .055", .035", .030", .027")

16. john turner

Mar 14, 2000
    atlanta ga
    hey, try out a groove tools 4 string - they should be at any guitar center. they are very similar to the custom conklins, except for the electronics.

17. Tsal

Tsal

Jan 28, 2000
    Finland, EU
    Umm what do you actually do with all those basses, you rent em out or something? How do you find time to play em all? It prolly takes you days just to get all those strings in tune :D

18. rickbass

rickbass Supporting Member

JT- That guy's wrist must mave really been screwed to give that up at that price.

"I've always heard more harmony than you can get on a 4-string." - Kim Stone (Rippingtons)

19. Damn JT, you sure know how to get people started up on a thread.[​IMG]

20. john turner

Mar 14, 2000
    atlanta ga
    :D