Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

check out my new cab!!!

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by BassGreaser, Feb 22, 2003.

1. BassGreaser

BassGreaser

Aug 22, 2002
    Austin, TX
    I just bought this VL-210 to replace two CxL-110s. how much of a difference should I exspect with my sound from this cab compared to my two CxL-110s....

2. BassGreaser

BassGreaser

Aug 22, 2002
    Austin, TX
    the pic would be nice:D

3. TheCreature

TheCreature

May 22, 2002
    Dallas, TX
    I've owned both. The VL has better low end response than the CXLs, but will be noticeably quieter. The CXL cabs are 103 db each for a total of 106 db, the VL cab (you have a later version) is 100 db. The VL is heavy also. That's why I sold mine. All those magnets...

This is the one on Ebay that was dropped, No? It looks like you'll be working with Euphonic's service folks. Absolutely the best post sales experience I've ever had. John Dong really treats his customers right.

4. BassGreaser

BassGreaser

Aug 22, 2002
    Austin, TX
    did I make a bad buy??

5. How well does one of those VL's handle an open B-string? Generally, aren't they considered "preferable" to an ACME?

6. BassGreaser

BassGreaser

Aug 22, 2002
    Austin, TX
    Mad
    so one VL sounds better the am Acme in the lowend??

7. I'm asking YOU pal? Or any others with a thought on that....

8. jerry

jerry Doesn't know BDO Gold Supporting Member

Dec 13, 1999
    Hawaii
    I have both the Acme & VL210, IMHO the Acme's sound lower:bassist:

9. Like, deeper you mean? That is good to know, thanks.

10. TheCreature

TheCreature

May 22, 2002
    Dallas, TX
    Don't get me wrong - I loved my EAs. Financial reasons (plus the weight) force the sale. My Lakland through this rig was *some* sound.

11. But, not as "deep" sounding as a pair of ACME B-2's would be right? Sweet rig.

12. TheCreature

TheCreature

May 22, 2002
    Dallas, TX
    "But, not as "deep" sounding as a pair of ACME B-2's would be right? Sweet rig."

I never A/B'd them, but, given the tradeoff between efficiency and low freq response, the ACME just might have better low response.