Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Check out my new Lakland Bob Glaub!!!!

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by TSanders, Feb 25, 2006.

1. Its a Skyline, but its Natural !!!!!!!

So my StingRay 5 gets most of my playing time these days, and I dont see that changing, but Ive been needing a P for a few things lately. Ive always had a soft spot for P Basses, and the last one I sold was a great 78 P that I had to sell for financial reasons.

Killer natural finish, which is no longer offered on Skylines, with a great grain on the front and back. The neck has killer grain on the back, and the fingerboard has some flame, quilt, and even more killer grain. Easily one of the best looking P Basses Ive ever seen. 7.8 pounds to boot.

Pics:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. dlloyd

dlloyd zzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Apr 21, 2004
    Scotland
    Yeah, that's cool.

I give it three months. :)

3. Beautiful. Those basses (the DJ, Glaub, etc.) are truly amazing. There were a couple DJ 4's at the big hang at Tom Bowlus's house this weekend. They were surrounded by literally dozens of super high end basses... Sadowsky, Fodera, Drozd, Celinder, Alembic, MTD, Skjold, older Tobias's, etc., etc.... and they held up just fine... fit and finish is perfect on those basses, and playability is great (same thing for the Music Man that was there... really top notch construction and playability).

4. ElBajista

ElBajista

Dec 13, 2005
    Sebring, FL
    I choked on my spit as soon as I saw that bass. So much for the previous GAS of a black/black Pbass w/ maple fretboard, now I need a natural/black!!

Gorgeous bass! Soundclips? :D

5. Figjam

Figjam

Aug 5, 2003
    Boston, MA
    Looks good trav :)

6. No soundclips yet. It just came in this afternoon. Swapped out the mint pickguard for the black one. The best P bass style bass Ive ever played.

7. smperry

smperry Moderator Staff Member Gold Supporting Member

Nov 3, 2003
    Bay Area, CA
    Endorsing Artist: Martin Keith Guitars
    Nice one! :)

Marshall

8. Yvon

Yvon Supporting Member

Nov 2, 2000
    Montreal, Canada
    look great!!

I think (MHO) that it would look even better with a white pick gard.
    Remember Phil Chen?

9. ElBajista

ElBajista

Dec 13, 2005
    Sebring, FL
    I was also thinking that a Tort pickguard would look great on that bass.

10. the only tort gaurds i can find for a lakland glaub are 60$

:eek:

:confused:

:meh:

11. The mint guard it came with was cool, but I put the black on to give it the look of my old 78 P I had to sell. It was natural/maple/black pg. So I was going for a few warm fuzzies, except this bass plays and sounds better than that old 78 did.

Tort will get a run on this Glaub, I assure you of that.:D

12. ElBajista

ElBajista

Dec 13, 2005
    Sebring, FL
    Ouch. There must be an aftermarket provider or custom builder that can do it for less money. I don't see how they can charge so much for a piece of plastic with some holes in it. :meh:

I'm sure that there is someone on Talkbass capable of making one for much less.

13. if there is, im ready to buy
    :ninja:
    :bassist:

14. ElBajista

ElBajista

Dec 13, 2005
    Sebring, FL
    I can't wait to see pics! I love that color/pickguard combo.

15. karrot-x

karrot-x Banned

Feb 21, 2004
    Omicron Persei 8
    Very nice, I can't wait untill I get my 44-02 :bassist:.

16. sargebaker

sargebaker Commercial User

May 2, 2004
    Montreal QC CA
    owner/builder, ISLAND Instrument Mfg.
  17. superkicky

superkicky

Sep 3, 2005
    Singapore
    You mean like this? :ninja:

[​IMG]

Hehe don't take it too hard ebmuscmanlvr83, I love the black on natural combination too -- that's why I've got a jazz like that ;)

18. Its cool:D . Thats a killer P Bass you have also.