1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Check out my new roscoe!!!

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by jivetkr, Apr 15, 2005.

1. JOME77

JOME77 Supporting Member

Aug 18, 2002
    Georgia
    Well I'll be! You are correct! I didn't even notice that. The slanted p/u's through me off. If you compare the lower portion of the body you can really tell.

2. Vic

Vic There's more music in the nuance than the notes. Supporting Member

Oct 14, 2002
    Central Illinois
    Staff, Bass Gear Magazine
    Ok. Yeah, I know the SKB is both less slanted and also larger (part of the reason the top horn goes out farther, which is also why they tend to balance a bit better).

3. Vic

Vic There's more music in the nuance than the notes. Supporting Member

Oct 14, 2002
    Central Illinois
    Staff, Bass Gear Magazine
    Yeah, ok, I can see it now... the bottom is especially noticeably diff.

4. JPJ

JPJ

Apr 21, 2001
    Chicago, IL
    Even though the LG body style "traditionally" comes with slanted pickups and the SKB body style comes with "straight", it is really easy for Keith to make this adaption during the building process. You can get straights on an LG and you can get slanteds on an SKB if you'd like, but they obviously don't come standard like that.

5. Basso Gruvitas

Basso Gruvitas Supporting Member

Jun 7, 2000
    Dallas/Ft. Worth TX
    This shows you how little a life I have. :meh:

;)

6. Bassmanbob

Bassmanbob Supporting Member

What are you saying here???

7. embellisher

embellisher Holy Ghost filled Bass Player Supporting Member

I agree. The coloring looks like purpleheart sapwood(sometimes called spalted purpleheart) but the grain looks like maple. I say it is an unusually colored piece of maple.

Nice bass!!!:cool: