Check Out My Playing!

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by *ToNeS*, Apr 13, 2002.

1. *ToNeS*

Jan 12, 2001
    Sydney AU
    okay boys (and girls) i did some recording recently for a bunch of the kiddies over at TabCrawler, and hey, i forgot to post it up on the hallowed grounds of TB! forgive me, for i value your colourful opinions and honest criticism.

so without further ado, give this little ditty a listen and tell me what you lot reckon.

Tobes Cutting Sik Mate

JOYSTICKHAND's instructions
    Right click -> copy shortcut -> paste in the browser's address window :D
  2. Brendan

Jun 18, 2000
    Austin, TX
    Uh, doesn't work...
  3. I could've sworn Mark just sent me that file not 20 minutes ago....
  4. *ToNeS*

Jan 12, 2001
    Sydney AU
    yes it does, you mongaloid. try again ;)
  5. and he also insisted his real name was Tobes... Don't know why!
  6. cap

Aug 8, 2001
    Hickam Hawaii
    im with that guy
  7. Oysterman

Mar 30, 2000
    Right click -> copy shortcut -> paste in the browser's address window.

You sound like one of those GC guys I've been hearing about. :D
  8. *ToNeS*

Jan 12, 2001
    Sydney AU
    well we don't have any GC's down here in Australia, but i can only assume that you're referring to my spastic 'look-at-me' thumb action :oops: yeah, them whole-notes looking mighty appealing right about now ... :p
  9. john turner

john turner You don't want to do that. Trust me. Staff Member Administrator

Mar 14, 2000
    atlanta ga
    hey tones, that's some mighty fine wankery you got goin' on there. very nice :)
  10. *ToNeS*

Jan 12, 2001
    Sydney AU
    ohmygod ohmygod ohmygod john turner is addressing my playing .. EEeEEk :oops: *ahem* aw well, yeah, y'know, i wank with the best of 'em :cool: cheers, mate - your opinion means heaps.
  11. I like the parts near the end.... is that tapping?

oh and its quite catchy:D
  12. i keep getting it is temporarily unavailable junk
    ..ohh well
  13. Erlendur Már

Erlendur Már

May 24, 2000
  14. *ToNeS*

Jan 12, 2001
    Sydney AU
    yep, my lame attempts at tapping going down there towards the end - gah, i've really gotta get over using the whole 1-5-1 thing. it's driving me nuts!

:) ta mate. that's my Spector in action, btw - too bad it doesn't sound as good as it (sometimes) does through my terrible home setup :(
  15. Dave Castelo

Dave Castelo

Apr 19, 2000
    nice playing there

(BTW, i also test my material at TC :D)
  16. the tapping sounds good!

but i cant quite figure out what you mean by 1-5-1

sorry for my ignorance :confused:
  17. STONES

I really like the part where it goes: "Temporarily unavailable." :(
  18. *ToNeS*

Jan 12, 2001
    Sydney AU
    thanks dude!

i'm just trying to sound really musical by talking in intervals - in one section of my tapping bit, i run across a high E on the E string (which is the 1 of the chord, which isn't really defined enough by what i'm playing anyway), to a high B on the A string (the 5 of the chord), and finally i land on a high E on the D string (the octave of the E i played initially, therefore in actuality being the '1' again).
    *i'm pretty much playing in E minor here, and the interval numbers refer to the notes in the E minor scale - E is the '1' (or root note) because it's the first note in the scale, B is the '5' (if you count alphabetically up from E, you'll find that B is the fifth letter you come to, and this is how numbers become relevant to note positions within a scale), and the last E is the octave, the '8' (eighth note in the scale) or '1' (because it's effectively the same note). god i hope this crap makes sense.

it's kind of an easy pattern to play when tapping, and it's basically a power chord (if you played it all together). i'm currently trying very hard to come up with some more melodic ideas to use with this technique - it's not going very well! :D
  19. Got it now, very nice man.
  20. john turner

john turner You don't want to do that. Trust me. Staff Member Administrator

Mar 14, 2000
    atlanta ga
    thanks - yeah, if there's one thing i know, it's wanking :D :rolleyes: