Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Check out my sample tracks!

Discussion in 'Recordings [BG]' started by zephir2004, Mar 1, 2006.

1. zephir2004

zephir2004

Mar 8, 2004
  2. amistybleu

amistybleu

Jan 15, 2006
    Thornton, CO
    Sounds great Zephir, you should be very proud. ROCKON:bassist:

3. BillytheBassist

BillytheBassist

Aug 18, 2005
    Texas
    Sounds great man, thanks for posting.

4. EricTheEZ1

EricTheEZ1

Nov 23, 2004
    Clawson, MI
    The first track does the busy slap stuff well, but I don't like the tone. It's very poppy and light, which is good for the track and the speed, but it's too "seinfeld" for me. It doesn't sound like a real bass, is what I'm saying.

The basslines are quite impressive and fit well into the music, considering basslines like that usually aren't used in that type of music, if you follow.

I'm surprised your bandmates let you play around like that. Most people are like, "That's great bud...now play something simple."

-Eric.

5. That's hot.

6. Correlli

Correlli

Apr 2, 2004
    New Zealand
    Sorry, didn't like it.

I felt that the bass was to full on, and dominanted the song to much.

7. Adam Barkley

Adam Barkley Mayday!

Aug 26, 2003
    Jackson, MS
    Didn't care for the music, your playing, or the singer's voice.

Peace,
    Adam

8. Correlli

Correlli

Apr 2, 2004
    New Zealand
    ^^ LOL

9. zephir2004

zephir2004

Mar 8, 2004
    Hey everyone thanks so much for the cool critiques. My favorite so far was Kiwi Kid. Even though it's not for him, I my myself, love over dominant bass stuff. So recognizing it made my day. Actually what's funny is we actually held back on it a bit in the studio. lol

10. zac2944

zac2944 Supporting Member

Dec 28, 2004
    Rochester, NY
    Not my kind of music, but you get points for your speed/slap/shred technique. Nice chops. Faster! Faster! Faster!

I checked out your profile to see what kind of gear you use, where your band is from, etc., but there nothing there.

You should fill out your profile when you get a chance.

What type of bass are you playing in the recording? It sounds pretty growly when you play finger style.

11. Correlli

Correlli

Apr 2, 2004
    New Zealand
    I like over the top bass playing too. I do it myself.

If it were me, I would add a couple of unaccompanied bass solos to the CD, and hang back on the bass grooves for the rest of the recording. Just my opinion, from an opinionated bass player.

I am interested in any other future recordings. I've bookmark your site.