1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Check out my solo video on Google Video!!!

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by ai4281, Apr 16, 2006.

1. ai4281

ai4281

Nov 25, 2005
    Vancouver
  2. jake_tim

jake_tim

Jun 28, 2005
    North Carolina
    nice, I see alot of billy sheehan influences. Good stuff

-Jake

3. punkmetal

punkmetal Guest

Jul 19, 2005
    WI (milwaukee area)
    nice:cool:
    love the bass btw, i just bought one
    how u like the new tuning set up, i was thinking of doing it to my old 5er

4. Bardolph

Bardolph

Jul 28, 2002
    Grand Rapids, MI
    I don't know what you're expecting people to tell you to improve on. It was pretty much a strictly noodling video. If you want advice for what to improve on play some stuff that you'd actually play outside the bedroom. I'm not criticizing you for noodling, it's just that there's not much advice to be given about that, except don't do it at a wedding gig or anything :)

5. d8g3jdh

d8g3jdh Guest

Aug 9, 2005
    I enjoyed it. A little rough at spots, but a hell of a lot better than I could do. Good job!

6. Harps

Harps

Feb 22, 2006
    Keep the camera still.

7. flatwoundfender

flatwoundfender

Feb 24, 2005
    Or gigs in general.

8. ai4281

ai4281

Nov 25, 2005
    Vancouver
    thx for comments guys, I love my tuning very much,,, and I'm probably gonna do almost exactly the same thing for my band's upcoming gig at my high school..
    -- Im kinda known as the 'bass guy' in my school, so while guitarists are tuning and the drummer's resting, I'll do that solo and waste about 5 minutes of the set time... lol

9. Matt Till

Matt Till

Jun 1, 2002
    Edinboro, PA
    Video directed by John Waters...

10. Correlli

Correlli

Apr 2, 2004
    New Zealand
    You're definately on your way.

2 suggestions though. get back to accuracy, and maybe get a P bass w dimarzio model P and rotosound strings installed. You'll find it alot easier.

all in all, very enjoyable!

11. ai4281

ai4281

Nov 25, 2005
    Vancouver
    lol, Kiwi Kid, you are hilarious... NOT!!!

Im not trying to be Billy Sheehan... I can't really find my own style right now cause I've only been playing for 2 years,, ahh, watever.

12. I dont really like the sound or style, but thats just me, cause im stupid. I can tell that u are really awesome, and i enjoyed watching it never the less. I hope i can play like that in 2 years:O

13. Haha u gotta tell me how u started out learning bass, so i can do that myself in a years time:D

14. Yup definitely some Billy Sheehan in there. I just love that bending harmonic thing you do--very hip! :)

15. Correlli

Correlli

Apr 2, 2004
    New Zealand
    Don't lie. You're a billy sheehan wanna be.

Anyway, I take back what I said.

You stink...

16. Geoff St. Germaine

Geoff St. Germaine Commercial User

The first thing that I'd improve is the camera work.

Other than that I can't really tell you much. I'm with Bardolph that you should post something that you actually play out. If you want advice on that specifically then I can't help you much as that isn't the style of music that I would ever listen to. From something like that it's hard to get a clear picture of your ability.

17. This thread is getting good now! *Sits back and watches*

It wasn't the greatest, but it kept me entertained.

18. morf

morf Banned

Feb 17, 2006
    How about putting all those things you can do together, composing something, and playing something which actually goes forward instead of random riffs? It would sound good if it wasn't completely random stuff...

19. popinfresh

popinfresh

Dec 23, 2004
    Melbourne, Aus
    Not bad..

My suggestion.. Shoot the camera man =P

I do agree however on trying to make something out of it.

20. Enjoyed it every bit... But then again, I too am very guilty of being a 'noodler'.... not to be confused with a 'ca-noodler' which is... well, not an appropriate term to be using... lol, j/k.

NIce skills man, seriously, I liked the video.

-Ryan.