Check out my sweet piranha.

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by arvidgunardi, Sep 25, 2002.

1. Hi guys, Some of you prolly know that I own couple of piranhas....just wanna share one of them with ya:)
  2. superfreak

superfreak Unregistered

Aug 18, 2002
    Clarksville, TN
  3. Holy ... Look at the teeth on that thing!

4. How often do you brush their teeth??? And how many fingers do you have left;)

5. Jeremy_X

Jan 29, 2002
    It's cute, in that eat all your flesh in three seconds way. Few things on this planet really master that look.
  6. c'mon fishy, fishy.. give uncle AllodoX a little kiss... * snap * YEARGH !! $%@$*% fish ! :D
  7. oh how cute!!! nice fishy fish fish....What do you feed those things?.....ever give them peanutbutter?:D

8. right on those are cool. but should you realy handle them with dry skin. its not realy good for them but i guess they can take it.
  9. FunkySpoo

FunkySpoo Supporting Member

Feb 6, 2002
    Cute. A Green Terror would eat that thing for breakfast. But it's still cute[​IMG]
  10. DigMe

Aug 10, 2002
    Waco, TX
    Do you feed him your enemies? Congratulations! You've taken your first step towards being the next Bond villain.

brad cook
  11. You can actually buy them without a license?:eek: What kinds of precautions do you have to take before cleaning the fish tank, feeding them etc? Could it really devour your whole arm in a few seconds?
  12. ldiezman

Jul 11, 2001
    That thing is smilling for the camera.. :)

I'm glad you found a good pet.. i'll stick to cats and dogs
  13. Grow one big, then eat it!! Apparently, they're pretty good eatin'. Something about an all-meat diet...:D

Rock on
  14. Piranhas are actually quite shy. When cleaning your tank, simply take a second or two to scare them off to the corners and you can do what you need to do safely. They become extremely unpredictable(dangerous) durin a feeding frenzy or when they assume your finger being a food source. Feeding them is not that dramatic or resembles any scene from a bond movie;) Some raw meat with excess blood, gold fish, prawns(shrimps), actual fact, they'll eat anything; including my plastic plants.

Luckily for me, i don't need any license to own in Indonesia; and it's really cheap too....about US 35 cents each for a baby. Really COOL!!:D
  15. SoComSurfing

SoComSurfing Mercedes Benz Superdome. S 127. R 22. S 12-13.

Feb 15, 2002
    Mobile, Al
    Wow!! I've always wondered what it would be like to have piranhas!! Ever since I was like 5 or 6, I've wanted one! What liscences are required in the US? Just out of curiosity.
  16. Creepy! But people would prolly say that about some of my pets lol.
  17. I was in a piranha owners forum and from what they were saying, some US state prohibits owning any species of piranha. But lots of people buy em anyway from other states and bring it back home. You might want to check with your local pet stores.
  18. You should dare your mates to try to pat it.. :p

My gf has a pet python... i still think poshy names are cool for evil pets. like "chester the snake" or "william the piranha"