1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Check out my Traben "Hell-ement"

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Metalman X, Oct 30, 2013.

1. Originally it was a Traben Element. An already awesome bass. But me being me, I had to tweak it some more.

First is the obvious. Cosmetics, the graphic work. All done with vinyl decals and pinstripe tape. Actually, in person it looks a lot sleeker. The camera makes the edges of the tape more 'obvious' than they actually are, if that makes sense.

As for actual hardware upgrades, the low E tuning peg has been replaced with a Hipshot Bass Xtender.

Electronically, I replaced the stock Musicman style humbucker with a Seymour Duncan SMB-4D Ceramic (Thanx Barebones for the awesome, super speedy transaction!. Gives a little more grind and power than the stock pickup. Especially powerful when the coils are wired in series... how I keep it. Also, you probably notice the black electrical tape on top of the pickup. Thats because I like to keep it moderately close to the strings for a powerful output, but when I play hard, fingerstyle it slams the strings against the exposed metal pole pieces, which when combined with a heavy overdrive (as I use like 90% of the time) makes for a loud 'clack/pop' sound that is well... really annoying. Well, the tape over the polepieces stops that, but doesn't otherwise effect the tone at all.

Hellement01_zps0b999e7b.

Hellement02_zps15fe8b4f.

2. Is that Gats (From Berserk) on the controls area? Nice.

Did you do something to the bridge or is it stock. The standard traben element bridge seems a lot bigger.

3. mark beem

mark beem Wait, how does this song start again?? Gold Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2001
    Alabama, USA
    I'm digging the Crimson King sigil.. :)

Attached Files:

4. hsech

hsech Work hard. My Social Security needs a raise.

Jun 27, 2012
    Central Iowa
    Cool! Kind of reminds me of an early Eddie Van Halen guitar.