Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Check out our demo!!!

Discussion in 'Recordings [BG]' started by LonghornBass, Dec 26, 2002.

1. We recorded this demo over the Thanksgiving break and I think that it turned out pretty good. It was a one day deal, so the mixing was a little rushed, but overall I like it. Listen and tell me what you think.

Oh, as a side-note, please disregard the incredibly cheezy website design. We just got the site up and running and what you see is the template that came with it. Trust me, it will be completely redone asap. Thanks.

http://www.buddyrevelle.com/new_page_1.htm

2. Gabu

Gabu

Jan 2, 2001
    Lake Elsinore, CA
    Listening... Un momento... Recordings is kind of a slow forum, you gotta be patient in here. ;)

3. Gabu

Gabu

Jan 2, 2001
    Lake Elsinore, CA
    Cool beans man. I dig it a lot. My wifey is reminded of Edwin McCain.

4. anon5458975

anon5458975

Apr 5, 2001
    All the tunes sound really tight, good rockin' stuff man! I really dig the singers voice, as well as the lyrics.

I think the mix came out pretty damn good, especially for a rush job. The kick might be a little too high in the mix, though it does give the tunes some extra punch, it works.

Wasn't Buddy Revelle the bully character from the movie 3 O'Clock High? I loved that Movie.:)

5. Thanks for the comments guys, I was beginning to lose hope:D

Darrell, congratulations, you are the second person ever to place the name. I myself haven't seen the movie, but it is one of our guitarist's faves.

6. I'm in the middle of listening to First Time Around, I'm really diggin' this!!! I'm about to go listen to the other 2 songs, and I bet they are just as good as this one. Thanx for the free songs! Keep up the good work. By the way, I can't hear any mistakes in mixing.

7. Philbiker

Philbiker Pat's the best!

Dec 28, 2000
    Northern Virginia, USA
    Longhorn, I like it! Your bass sound on "Up All Nite" sounds really excellent. I don't like the distorted guitar sound though. Good songs, good performances all around, good sound. Good job.

8. secretdonkey

secretdonkey

Oct 9, 2002
    Austin, TX
    Since I couldn't hear the songs, here's a vote against the Windows Media format... no need to hand Mr. Gates hegemony on a silver platter when there are other good formats not tied to a particular OS... ;)