Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Check out our hit!

Discussion in 'Recordings [BG]' started by carl-anton, Mar 17, 2003.

1. DUDE WOA!!~!! i downloaded it thinking it was just gonna be some lo-fi ****ty put togeater song with some ****ty riff or somethign. but dude, i REALLY like it. im really impressed. I sent all my friends a link to listen to it. I really dig your stuff man, i want a CD!!~!! I love you guys ^_^

2. Thanks alot Impulsee!! :) We have a demo CD with 3 songs on it, you can hear them on our site www.yellowish.dk > click here > download mp3's (It's "you can't do what you want", "London Breeze" and "Dreamsong...")

3. moley

moley

Sep 5, 2002
    Hampshire, UK
    Sounds very well made, well produced, wel arranged, well played.

The song itself is doesn't do that much for me - but then this isn't really my genre. That said, it definitely shows songwriting and arranging ability.

Good luck with it! :)

May I ask, what label have you got the record deal with?

4. It's a deal with a small danish label called Quartermain records, so it's nothing big, but it's a big step for us. Thanks for the comments!

5. oh, are all you guys danish??~??

6. Yup... through and through (the band, that is)

7. i think you guys are awesome, everyone should get on your website and go in the chatroom

8. Johnalex

Johnalex

Jul 20, 2001
    South Carolina
    good song..is that the drummer droping his sticks at the. That is really cool.

9. Josh Ryan

Josh Ryan - that dog won't hunt, Monsignor. Staff Member Supporting Member

Mar 24, 2001
    Well done! Congrats on the deal.

10. 5stringDNA

5stringDNA

Oct 10, 2002
    Englewood, CO
    Yah not bad, I really think it could make it in the American Pop market if it got some exposure. (no offence intended if you don't want that, lol)

11. Killdar

Killdar

Dec 16, 2002
    Portland Maine
    Impressive stuff! that is great, very well made. If I didn't know better I would think that was done by some insanely famous world known group. Much talent and potential in that.

Keep up the good work! :)

12. Thanks alot guys! :) ...and Johnalex, yes it is the drummer throwing his sticks at the end of the song. But it's such a scam, because we had to record the sound of the sticks seperately, so it's not so sponataniously as it sounds :rolleyes: Just an idea that got a little out of hand...

13. the singing from the girl really takes it to the next level i reckon...i dont hear too many bands where there are girl and guy singers working together

14. i agree, that really sets it apart. however, i must confess that i really don't like that synth sound. way too 80s.

15. I'm part Danish!
    The song is very well recorded and produced, and the music ain't bad, either. I think it'd sound cooler if a better synth was used, however.

16. Erlendur Már

Erlendur Már

May 24, 2000
    Great song and well produced! I really like the female voice:)

17. It's funny because it's a really lowbudget recording, but we must have done something right :) About the keyboard sound, it's supposed to be 80's like, but maybe we should experiment with some other sounds. I think the melody the synth plays is good though.

Bassline1414, taler du dansk?

18. Hehe, I guess I should have said "poser Danish". My great grandmother came from Denmark and married a German gent, so although I have a little Danish blood, I know nothing of the culture or language, though I'd be interested.