1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Check out squackett!

Discussion in 'Recordings [BG]' started by woodyng, Jun 7, 2012.

1. woodyng

woodyng

Dec 19, 2007
    Oregon coast
  2. OPBASSMAN1994

OPBASSMAN1994

Jul 30, 2010
    DUDE! The first song sounds like Machine Messiah, Fly On a Windshield, Heart of the Sunrise, and Kashmir by Led Zeppelin!!! VERY COOL! :hyper:

Great prog rock!

3. Wow. This is very good.

4. woodyng

woodyng

Dec 19, 2007
    Oregon coast
    I know!:hyper: I will be ordering this cd forthwith.
    "stormchaser" reminds me of "city of love", but even better. The vocals on this cd really are spectacular....

5. I really like Steve Hackett. I have done since I first saw Genesis on 16th June 1972. Unbelievably, that's exactly 40 years ago in the next week or so - where did that lifetime go? I last saw him play live a couple of months ago and bathed in the nostalgia of it all.

I really like Chris Squire, I also saw Yes play live many times back in the 70's and, like many of us I suspect, Squire (along with Mike Rutherford) is the reason I lusted after a Ric for so many years.

I still have a genuine affection for 70's stuff and still listen to it from time to time but my tastes have moved on since then. Unfortunately, from what I've heard of Squakett (has there ever been a worse name?) they still seem to be firmly rooted in the 70's with an extra layer of nostalgic syrupy sweetening. They may evoke memories of Fly on a Windshield, Heart of the Sunrise, Kashmir etc but I already heard that well over 30 years ago, I'd really hoped that they would have some sharp edgy new ideas but I guess that 'progressive' doesn't really need to progress too much when it's easier to revisit former glories.

6. woodyng

woodyng

Dec 19, 2007
    Oregon coast
    Hmmmm...well,i don't quite think of it that way,unless the nostalgia part is for high quality musicianship,harmonies and well put -together songs. There is a lot of great new music from newer bands out there,i still enjoy that along with hearing these veterans try something besides their 40 year old catalogues. Sorry you don't find it interesting. I'm always maintained that really great music is timeless,not necessarily something one grows out of.....

7. I hear elements of both Hackett and Squire and their respective bands. A wonderful blend. These geezers are still sharp as tacks!

Purchased it today.

8. R Baer

R Baer Supporting Member Commercial User

Jun 5, 2008
    President, Baer Amplification
    Ya know, I didn't dig the first tune at all, but actually really like the rest of the tunes!

9. Emilym80

Emilym80

Sep 15, 2011
    I'll be honest, I actually ordered it before you could listen to it, based purely on that it was made by Hackett and Squire. This sounds incredible, I'm so glad I ordered it! And it should be arriving soon too :hyper: