1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Check out these basses. Anyone play a Nash before?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by albass111, Apr 4, 2006.

1. albass111

albass111

Feb 13, 2006
    Los Angeles, CA
    The guitar player in my band has a Bill Nash telecaster that sounds AMAZING. When I tried it out, I found it to be extremely playable and vibey.
    I did a search on his basses, and found out that they are pretty difficult to get. However, they look great!! Has anyone here played one? What are your impressions on the sound and playability?

For the price, it seems to me that it is a much better bargain than a Custom Shop bass. I'd love to say that I have GAS, but it seems pretty difficult to get one.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

I noticed that he's located in WA. Warmoth anybody?

2. I've never played or even seen a Nash instrument but I do know his guitars are highly esteemed on about a thousand guitar message boards all over the net. I have never heard a negative comment about them...for whatever that's worth.

3. Woodchuck

Woodchuck

Apr 21, 2000
    Atlanta (Grant Park!)
    Gallien Krueger for the last 12 years!
    Brian Barrett's store carries them. www.thelowend.net Brian, if you make a sell, I wanna cut! :D

4. Beav

Beav Graphics Whore

Jul 17, 2003
    Middle Tennessee
    Designer: Beav's Graphics
    I've played the ones at the LowEnd and they're killer! They look the part and sound great. The biggest kicker for me on these basses is how nicley they play. How often do you find a 30+ year old bass that plays like buttah? Looking at them, the only way you can tell they're new is their frets. I highly, highly suggest checking them out if you every get the chance!

5. albass111

albass111

Feb 13, 2006
    Los Angeles, CA
    I'm surprised that not more people have played Nash basses because a lot of guitar players know of him. Although I would guess that his guitar to bass ratio is the opposite of Sadowsky's.

hey are cool looking basses IMO, and pretty reasonably priced. I was just wondering how they stacked up to say, a Valenti or FCS bass, tone and resonant wise. Obviously Nash is going for a retro vibe, but his instruments actually are LESS expensive than the Fender Custom Shop.

6. mark beem

mark beem I'm alive and well. Where am I? Gold Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2001
    Alabama, USA
    I'm strangely intrigued by these basses... Strange since (1) I'm not normally attracted to "vintage-looking" basses and (2) they're only 4 strings...

:meh:

7. Chef

Chef Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

May 23, 2004
    Columbia MO
    Staff Reviewer; Bass Gear Magazine
    I've seen some pics, but never laid hands on one.
    Link to lowend inventory of these?

8. I'm a little late to this thread, but there are two Nash Precisions listed on http://www.thelowend.net/thelowend/index.htm under the "new" button on the left.

I would be interested to know how these compare to the Fender CS basses. Nash uses Brazilian RW which is something Fender does not do AFAIK.