1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Check out these knobs I "made"

Discussion in 'Hardware, Setup & Repair [BG]' started by Busker, Mar 27, 2009.

1. Busker

Busker

Jan 22, 2007
    OK, so I just altered them to work with my project, but I'm happy with the results.

These were some kind of import chrome plated knobs made to fit the import split shaft pots (press on style knobs), but they were nicely made and solid brass, not the cheaper kind with the plastic inserts underneath. I drilled out the shaft hole to 1/4 inch to fit my pots and drilled a hole for the set screws (the set screws came from my parts knobs). I used my tap & die set to cut the threads for the set screw holes. This is only the second time I've used thie tap & die set, but man, it does come in handy once in a while.

knobs1.

knobs2.

knobs3.

2. the engine

the engine Guest

Nice bag o' knobs you got there!

3. Busker

Busker

Jan 22, 2007
    Thanks. I've got lots of small parts. I've been collecting them for a long time. Some of those knobs are antique radio knobs which might be cool for certain projects. I've got a pair of old Zenith radio knobs with Z-shaped lightning bolts on top.:p

4. zagnut

zagnut

Jan 4, 2009
    Back in Detroit
    Nice work. I have an obsession with dice knobs. I prefer to make my own, as the ones I've sen for sale don't satisfy my tastes.

It always helps to have the right tools for the job. Myself, I'm the Dremel king. I can do anything with a Dremel. Those little buggers are probably the best tool ever invented. Has saved the day on many occasions.

5. Looks good to me ;)

6. Good Job bro... you have a LOT more time on your hands than I do.

7. Busker

Busker

Jan 22, 2007
    It didn't take long. Once I figured, "Hey, I can do this," and rounded up the tools, it only took around 1/2 hour.

8. Pilgrim

Pilgrim Supporting Member

Nicely done!