Check out these Shine Basses!

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by flexo, Jun 22, 2005.

1. flexo

May 3, 2005
    Perth, Australia
    Stumbled upon this website while looking for a guitar and i checked out some of their basses. Theyve got a couple warwick-esque basses made from bubinga too.

Here's the link:

Probably a long shot, but has anyone ever tried one? Also does anyone know what they retail for(in any currency i dont care!)?

They have a dealer in SIngapore and i'm going there in a couple months. If theyre cheap i might get one!
  2. lucian

Aug 28, 2007
    :help::hyper:hi guys, i have been following these shine basses on ebay for quite some time,must admit that some of them look really great,how ever i have not had the chance to try one out as yet,does anyone out there know anything about these basses,how they behave and what would you compare them with to the american, british and japanese manufacturers. personally i play an aria five string active tokai jazz four string and a 1959 antoria precission copy, not all at the same time of course,must admit that i find it quite difficult to bring myself to consider something no one i know that has used any of these basses. is there anyone out there that can voice any kind of fair comment or opinion, thank you gratefully Lucian Rebera.:bassist:
  3. Stinsok

Stinsok Supporting Member

Dec 16, 2002
    Central Alabama
  4. Some of those Shine basses are available form Rondo Music under the Douglas name. Look at the neck through four string and the inexpensive 6 string basses on the Rondo site and compare them to the basses on the Shine site.

5. lucian

Aug 28, 2007
    thank you for your reply and info, i will look up the websiteand check it out,thank you again ,
    peace go with you
  6. Ivarrr

Apr 27, 2009
    Phoenix, AZ
    Someone on here bought a Shine rickenbacker copy, it was pretty good if I remember correctly.
  7. maxschrek

maxschrek Supporting Member

Apr 9, 2006
    Chattanooga, TN.
    I wonder who makes their hardware? I could use a couple of those bridge and tailpieces they use on the Warwick and tele copies. Anybody know? I shot them an email wanting to buy a bridge or two and they wouldn't sell them to me.:crying::mad: