1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Check out this Christmas present!!

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Gruvmunki, Dec 18, 2006.

1. Well not really a present because I bought it myself, but you get the picture...

Here it is.. a 1991 Ford Mustang GT Cobra:hyper:
    mustang001.
    mustang002.
    mustang004.
    mustang003.

...This thing is LOUD!

2. Neb Maro

Neb Maro I don't think, but I still am.

Oct 20, 2006
    So. Cali
    A lady at my work had one of those. It was a convertible. Nice car (Meaning yours).
    I prefer the older models from the 70's myself. Or the 2005 models.

3. I like the hood scoops.

4. canopener

canopener

Sep 15, 2003
    Isle of Lucy
    Awesome. Between my father and I, we've owned several generation Mustang models. That is one nice vehicle. I hope you're not planning on "pimping" it out.

5. Jiggybass

Jiggybass

Nov 15, 2005
    Sudbury, Canada
    !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:eek: :eek: :eek:

That car is BEAUTIFUL!!!! it's my actual dream car, I hate you :p

:D

6. nice

7. ...well it depends on what you mean by "pimpin" it out. If you mean "rice it up", then no, those ain't no tin cans on the exhaust there, 3" Flowmasters:cool: . But I'll be doing some interior work (sound system and such), as well as some engine mods.

Oh and Jiggybass, I see you're from Oakville, the next time you're in Kitchener, just give me a shout and we'll hit the streets.

ps. I'll get a couple more pics of the engine/interior when i get it all cleaned up

8. lillitnn92

lillitnn92 °

Jun 15, 2006
    harrisonburg, va
    not to knock the car, i love mustangs, but where's the Cobra emblem if it's a Cobra? looks like a GT only.

but yeah, nice car. i wasn't too fond of the GT body kit on those generation 5.0Ls, i like the the Sedan LX 5.0Ls better.

actually, now that i think about it, the SVT Cobra didn't start til 93' i believe

9. MJ5150

MJ5150 Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Apr 12, 2001
    Olympia, WA
    How do you know it is a Cobra? I don't see the snake anywhere.

-Mike

10. lillitnn92

lillitnn92 °

Jun 15, 2006
    harrisonburg, va
    that's what i said ^^^ :)

11. buzzbass

buzzbass Shoo Shoo Retarded Flu !

Apr 23, 2003
    NJ
    You're right there was a cobra model the last year of that body style. The headlights & tail light were different. The wing and front facia were difeerent as well. That is just a GT, still nice, but just a GT.

12. canopener

canopener

Sep 15, 2003
    Isle of Lucy
    Yeah, I'm not sure if the fox body Cobra had a snake emblem or not, but I do think it said "COBRA" on the ground effects.

13. Baryonyx

Baryonyx Banned

Jul 11, 2005
    Marathon Man
    You radge, I love it!

14. Philbiker

Philbiker Pat's the best!

Dec 28, 2000
    Northern Virginia, USA
    I'm sure it's fast and loud... I certainly hope it's a standard transmission. A good friend of mine has one of those in a convertible version. Last I heard she couldn't drive it anywhere - too many tickets.

Not a good car if you have a lead foot. It will go very fast very quickly.

Hope you're planning on replacing the cheese grater rear lights.

15. canopener

canopener

Sep 15, 2003
    Isle of Lucy
    Jeebus, am I the only one left that can appreciate an un-modded sports car anymore?

16. Sorry, I stand corrected... It is in fact not a Cobra, guess I just got ahead of myself :smug: , as i researched and found that '93 was the first year of the fox-body cobras. Oh well I'm stoked anyways, it still makes other cars wimper in fear:p .

Philbiker: it is indeed a standard T5 tranny, with a King Cobra clutch kit and Hurst shifter...so its gonna take a little to get used to (much different than driving a VW golf!). And yeah the tail lights look corny, but I can't afford to replace those right now.

canopener: What don't you like about it? Is it too "glammed up" for your taste? I'm leaving the exterior the way it is, I think it looks awesome like that, but to each his own.

Oh and thanks for all the comments guys;)

17. nah dude you should put real big spinners on it, then put lcd screens into every little space you can, then and only then will you be cool

18. Figjam

Figjam

Aug 5, 2003
    Boston, MA
    I dig. I really like mustangs (favorite car for a long time), my favorites being 1991 and 1994.

19. RWP

RWP

Jul 1, 2006
    Nice car, now get out there and wash it! :D

20. MJ5150

MJ5150 Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Apr 12, 2001
    Olympia, WA
    I bet. That is a nice looking car. So, are you going to post sound clips?? :D :D

-Mike