Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Check out this eBay find.

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Hurley, Apr 26, 2004.

1. Hurley

Hurley

Feb 12, 2004
    Cape Cod, MA
  2. woah, there's a lot of nice stuff on there, but who is going to buy that many cabs at once? i bet you could really feel your pants shake if you're in front of that one. and your shirt too i bet! :D :p

i wonder what the shipping charge on that one would be!

3. Trevorus

Trevorus

Oct 18, 2002
    Urbana, IL
    Imagine shipping that. You would have to rent a semi jut for it!

4. uglycicles

uglycicles Supporting Member

Dec 10, 2003
    Southwest Chicago
    I'm surprised he didn't put in "no bidders from Malaysia or Indonesia". :D

5. Lockout

Lockout

Dec 24, 2002
    Illinois
    I think he'd definitely get more money if he sold everything individually... for obvious reasons :)

Heck, if I was someone in the market for a new rig and had enough money to buy it, I'd be afraid to own such a beast of a rig like that. ;)

6. seanm

seanm I'd kill for a Nobel Peace Prize! Supporting Member

Feb 19, 2004
    Ottawa, Canada
    I guess he's hoping that Iron Maiden is downsizing and looking for a small bass rig! :rolleyes:

7. modflea

modflea

Apr 26, 2004
    Lafayette, LA
    :eek:

Yikes that's a lot of stuff! Whoever it is sure likes Peavey. And I'm sure his local Peavey dealer likes him as well.

8. hi im new to bass guitar and i want to play in a loud death metal band with my frends and everyone says i need alot of watts so im wondering will this work. he has 2 basses to their are they good for beginners? and the effects he has what are those i don't know them can someone help me please?
    my techer told me i should start small but i dont want to have to buy stuff later it is to much of a pain.

:bag:

9. rickbass

rickbass Supporting Member

As I read it, the seller won't sell individual pieces - only the whole bunch.

As long as you can sell a lot of this mediocre gear to justify the cost of the Classic 400 you want, so be it. As tmo says, the shipping would be unreal!!! :eek:

Plus, used Peavey cabs, IME, are about as common as McDonald's hamburgers. Moreover, I seriously doubt all these cabs are even in-phase, (aside from the question of "how would you run them without frying the amps?...series?/parallel?").

This, to me, is a clear case of "more being less." A high quality rack system with two nice cabs would blow this seller's gear away - anytime, anyday.