Check out this eBay find.

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Hurley, Apr 26, 2004.

1. Hurley

Feb 12, 2004
    Cape Cod, MA
  2. woah, there's a lot of nice stuff on there, but who is going to buy that many cabs at once? i bet you could really feel your pants shake if you're in front of that one. and your shirt too i bet! :D :p

i wonder what the shipping charge on that one would be!
  3. Trevorus

Oct 18, 2002
    Urbana, IL
    Imagine shipping that. You would have to rent a semi jut for it!
  4. uglycicles

uglycicles Supporting Member

Dec 10, 2003
    Southwest Chicago
    I'm surprised he didn't put in "no bidders from Malaysia or Indonesia". :D
  5. Lockout

Dec 24, 2002
    I think he'd definitely get more money if he sold everything individually... for obvious reasons :)

Heck, if I was someone in the market for a new rig and had enough money to buy it, I'd be afraid to own such a beast of a rig like that. ;)
  6. seanm

seanm I'd kill for a Nobel Peace Prize! Supporting Member

Feb 19, 2004
    Ottawa, Canada
    I guess he's hoping that Iron Maiden is downsizing and looking for a small bass rig! :rolleyes:
  7. modflea

Apr 26, 2004
    Lafayette, LA

Yikes that's a lot of stuff! Whoever it is sure likes Peavey. And I'm sure his local Peavey dealer likes him as well.
  8. hi im new to bass guitar and i want to play in a loud death metal band with my frends and everyone says i need alot of watts so im wondering will this work. he has 2 basses to their are they good for beginners? and the effects he has what are those i don't know them can someone help me please?
    my techer told me i should start small but i dont want to have to buy stuff later it is to much of a pain.

9. rickbass

rickbass Supporting Member

As I read it, the seller won't sell individual pieces - only the whole bunch.

As long as you can sell a lot of this mediocre gear to justify the cost of the Classic 400 you want, so be it. As tmo says, the shipping would be unreal!!! :eek:

Plus, used Peavey cabs, IME, are about as common as McDonald's hamburgers. Moreover, I seriously doubt all these cabs are even in-phase, (aside from the question of "how would you run them without frying the amps?...series?/parallel?").

This, to me, is a clear case of "more being less." A high quality rack system with two nice cabs would blow this seller's gear away - anytime, anyday.