1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to post, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

check out this great bassplayer

Discussion in 'Recordings [BG]' started by Asaf, Sep 28, 2004.

1. Asaf

Asaf

Jun 9, 2003
    Israel
    hi everybody, while i was in argentina i bought a couple of cd's of this great musician and bassplayer - JAVIER MALOSETTI.

check out his music, you can download a full song from the new album to know his style.

http://www.malosetti.com.ar/index1.html

2. Asaf

Asaf

Jun 9, 2003
    Israel
    so...what do you say ? :)

3. Papersen

Papersen Supporting Member

Mar 22, 2002
    Javier Malosetti is a well known bass player in Argentina.
    He`s become quite respected right now. Last month he sold out a 2000 seat venue here in Buenos Aires and I had the chance to be there with my wife.
    I think he`s the only bass player here identified by his own work, not as "the bass player who plays with ......".
    During many years he played with a short scale custom bass
    (Ashtar was the brand) and no other. Since 4 or 5 years ago,
    he started playing a Warwick Thumb NT 5.
    He`s mainly a jazz/fusion player. A straight forward player (I mean no tapping, or slapping, just fingerstyle) with a great command of the instrument, very accurate, fast and with a lot of knowledge.
    He soloes in almost every tune and uses artificial harmonics and bending to spice them up. The guy is a real monster (although I don`t dig some of his stuff).

4. Asaf

Asaf

Jun 9, 2003
    Israel
    hi man, thanks for your replay !

i really miss argentina, great country with some really nice people. i also dig Alejandro Herrera is he argentinian too ?

5. juancho

juancho

Mar 22, 2006
    Argentina
    yes, Alejandro Herrera is argentinian too. He hasn´t became famous as Malosetti yet. I´ve seen him and his band two or three weeks ago. Great concert.

and by the way, malosetti´s father is a great musician too, jazz guitar player.