Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

check out this great bassplayer

Discussion in 'Recordings [BG]' started by Asaf, Sep 28, 2004.

1. Asaf

Asaf

Jun 9, 2003
    Israel
    hi everybody, while i was in argentina i bought a couple of cd's of this great musician and bassplayer - JAVIER MALOSETTI.

check out his music, you can download a full song from the new album to know his style.

http://www.malosetti.com.ar/index1.html

2. Asaf

Asaf

Jun 9, 2003
    Israel
    so...what do you say ? :)

3. Papersen

Papersen Supporting Member

Mar 22, 2002
    Javier Malosetti is a well known bass player in Argentina.
    He`s become quite respected right now. Last month he sold out a 2000 seat venue here in Buenos Aires and I had the chance to be there with my wife.
    I think he`s the only bass player here identified by his own work, not as "the bass player who plays with ......".
    During many years he played with a short scale custom bass
    (Ashtar was the brand) and no other. Since 4 or 5 years ago,
    he started playing a Warwick Thumb NT 5.
    He`s mainly a jazz/fusion player. A straight forward player (I mean no tapping, or slapping, just fingerstyle) with a great command of the instrument, very accurate, fast and with a lot of knowledge.
    He soloes in almost every tune and uses artificial harmonics and bending to spice them up. The guy is a real monster (although I don`t dig some of his stuff).

4. Asaf

Asaf

Jun 9, 2003
    Israel
    hi man, thanks for your replay !

i really miss argentina, great country with some really nice people. i also dig Alejandro Herrera is he argentinian too ?

5. juancho

juancho

Mar 22, 2006
    Argentina
    yes, Alejandro Herrera is argentinian too. He hasn´t became famous as Malosetti yet. I´ve seen him and his band two or three weeks ago. Great concert.

and by the way, malosetti´s father is a great musician too, jazz guitar player.