Check Out This Monster!

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by bentem, Mar 27, 2003.

1. bentem

Oct 18, 2002
    Rockville, MD

sorry i couldent get a direct link to the page, but its under products-bass cabs-hydra, its at the bottom of the page.
  2. Very cool Web page and site. Don't know about the speakers but the LOOK impressive.
  3. Benjamin Strange

Benjamin Strange Commercial User

Dec 25, 2002
    New Orleans, LA
    Owner / Tech: Strange Guitarworks
  4. DigMe

Aug 10, 2002
    Waco, TX
    That's a monster. That's a 21" woofer folks. 21 back-breaking, disc-rupturing inches. The claim is perfectly flat at 20hz. Here's the direct link with the specs and charts:

Here's the pic:

brad cook
  5. DigMe

Aug 10, 2002
    Waco, TX
    And here's a picture of their technical director.

brad cook
  6. bentem

Oct 18, 2002
    Rockville, MD
    its also got those midrange drivers and tweeter. Not cheap, though, at $1500.

well, in terms of sixe, weight, portability,etc, its only competetor is an expensive refridgerator:D .
  7. Killdar

Dec 16, 2002
    Portland Maine
    thats a monster indeed!

now I would like to see a 1x36", 1x24 2x15, 2x12, 2x10, 2x8 with like 5 horns, all in one insanely massive cab. THAT would be impressive, and retarded, but impressive all the gunna make one some day, just for the hell of it.
  8. bentem

Oct 18, 2002
    Rockville, MD
    its "back to the future" again!!!:) :D :p
  9. embellisher

embellisher Holy Ghost filled Bass Player Staff Member Supporting Member

Low F# players, these guys have a cabinet for you!:)
  10. gfab333

Mar 22, 2000
    Honolulu, Hawaii
    I like that cab with the 21" driver. hey, at 125 lbs, it's lighter than an SVT 8X10 cab! the technical director ain't bad either.
  11. kirbywrx

kirbywrx formerly James Hetfield

Jul 27, 2000
    Melbourne, Australia.

You will make millions off all the guys from tabcrawler... "Look at my rig, ive got 15 speakers in one box!, and if you put them all together, they will take up more than 116 inches"! :D

12. :eek: My god that's an intimidating looking cab
  13. way_of_opiatism

way_of_opiatism 28d, 6h, 42m, 12 seconds

Feb 5, 2003
    neat! i'll take 10. someone get the handtruck.

14. bentem

Oct 18, 2002
    Rockville, MD
    theres some sort of assistant tecnical director on the page with guitar cabinets.:D :D
  15. odie

odie Supporting Member

"Professionally assembled in a Saint free environment,
    they are loaded with only the
    finest drivers for Maximum performance and sound. "

:D What the heck!!!!:p
  16. bentem

Oct 18, 2002
    Rockville, MD
    i think this is the perfect cab for the heavy metal 9 or 7-string bass player.

3 inches of speaker of speaker movement? you'd get blown off stage:D
  17. I think they're selling snake oil. Their specs are, umm, "dubious" to say the least. They sure could use to run spellchecker and grammatic on their website, too....
  18. SRSiegel

SRSiegel Guest

Sep 17, 2001
    Ann Arbor, Michigan
    has anyone here heard or played through any of the madison cabinets? their specs look good on paper, though I'm well aware that specs arent everything. Im curious about these.
  19. john turner

john turner You don't want to do that. Trust me. Staff Member Administrator

Mar 14, 2000
    atlanta ga
    they were next to the conklin/accugroove booth at the namm show, and they seemed pretty cool, although i didn't get a chance to really put them through their paces.

they didn't have any 21" speakers there that i'm aware of, although i could be mistaken.
  20. neptoon

Jul 25, 2000
    summerville, sc
    eddie pruitt plays through madison cabs...he may have been hanging out at the conklin booth to, if he was at NAMM at all...he plays a 28 fret 7 string conklin and has lots of good things to say about them...i had looked at their MAB 2128 (with a pair of 12's and a pair of 8's in the same cab, designed in conjunction with eddie), but i heard that their construction isn't that great (application of carpet, et al). does anyone know anything contradictory to this? are these cabs built well?