Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Check out this song of mine

Discussion in 'Recordings [BG]' started by RedV, Jul 8, 2002.

1. RedV

RedV

Mar 19, 2002
    Eustis, FL
    Just put this down a couple days ago. Wanna get your opinions on the mix. Everything's kinda rough, I'm just working on the mix. What do you think needs to be brought out more, compressed, eq-ed, what? Thanks for taking a listen:)

Alex

Oh yeah, the song....

Fall

2. Did you go into a studio and and play all the intruments? or did you do at home somehow?

I think that would be cool if i could do something like that at home (that wouldn't cost a billion dollars).

3. RedV

RedV

Mar 19, 2002
    Eustis, FL
    Nah man, I recorded in my home 'studio'. Computer and all that:)

BUT...for answering your question you now have to critique my mix!!!:D Please?:)

Alex

4. It sounded good....but form what i remember (it is late at night i am tired and i listened to it maybe a half hour ago) i think it was a lot of repition of riffs and stuff. If i am incorrect please yell at me.

I should actually relisten to it before commenting but whatever.

5. RedV

RedV

Mar 19, 2002
    Eustis, FL
    Hehehe...I understand man. It's like 2am here, I just can't sleep:)

But yeah, almost the whole song is the same progression. It's not really a good representation of what my band's doing, I just thought it would be decent to check out a mix, and heck, it was fun laying it down:)

Thanks for listening though. Take care.

Alex

6. RedV

RedV

Mar 19, 2002
    Eustis, FL
    35 views and only 2 replies?? Come on guys, PLEEEEEEASE?:)

Alex

7. RedV

RedV

Mar 19, 2002
    Eustis, FL
    Pretty please??:)

Alex

8. RedV

RedV

Mar 19, 2002
    Eustis, FL
    With a cherry on top??

9. I can't get to the file.

P.S. why don't you fill out your profile so I give a Rats Arse.

10. RedV

RedV

Mar 19, 2002
    Eustis, FL
    Site's up now. I guess it was having some problems yesterday. And I suppose I should fill out that profile, huh?:)

Alex

11. frankencow150

frankencow150 Guest

Oct 17, 2001
    Honestly,I thought it sounded like alot of average bands on the radio.I enjoyed the bass playing and the drumming but overall it sounded..average.But hey,thats just my opinion.

12. misterk73

misterk73

Apr 11, 2002
    Flagstaff, AZ
    Listening to it right now on crappy computer speakers at work, I'd say the levels on the vocals are too high. In contrast, the guitar level(s) could come up a touch. Drums and bass sound well-balanced -- although that could change once you tweak the vox and guitar. Keep in mind that this could sound completely different on someone else's system...

13. I agree with frankencow. I like the drum and bass parts best.

14. RedV

RedV

Mar 19, 2002
    Eustis, FL
    Thanks a lot guys.

Really, this was just a song to appease my girlfriend:rolleyes: I am most proud of the bass, I just like the line...glad you guys do too.

I'll have to lay down some real vox and tweak the mix a bit, let you guys listen to it then.

Maybe I should post some of my actual band's stuff..that would be nice:)

Alex