Check Out This Tune

Discussion in 'Recordings [BG]' started by GrooveWarrior, Apr 14, 2005.

1. This is me and my buddy noodling around last night. He has always liked this little harmonic groove I play so he wanted to put some drums and eBow g***ar to it. The bass is sloppy, but we got the drums on that take and we weren't going to spend any more than 20 minutes on the process.

Let me know what you think. I recorded my Cirrus 4 (redwood) through my Aphex Punch Factory Compressor straight into the board. He uses Cool Edit Pro as his recording software for those interested. Just so you know, I am rolled all the way back to the bridge pickup, mid boosted all the way, bass and treble at about 60%. I wanted a nasal tone on this one. My tone isn't like that all of the time ;) .
  2. Windows Media Player refuses to play the file and says it is "corrupt".

Thought you should know. :)
  3. You should be able to play it right through the web site.
  4. Tried "opening" it rather than "saving" it, but it still won't play in WMP and I'm still getting the same error message.

I have no problem playing other files so I'm a little confused. :confused:
  5. Try clicking the link now. I changed it from an m4a to an mp3. If you have QuickTime plug in you should be able to do it. I hope this works.
  6. konfishily

Jan 24, 2004
    Brooklyn, NY
    nice tune, i like it, whats your setup?
  7. That was done with a Cirrus 4 (redwood) through an Aphex Punch Factory compressor run into a computer.

My typical setup is a Trace Elliot T-Bass (main bass) through my Aphex Punch Factory compressor, then a Euphonic Audio iAmp 350 and a EA 210CXL. I also use a Pedulla Buzz fretless, and a couple of other basses.
  8. Nice work, funky, made me shake my booty, and not many songs do that. Feel privaliged.
  9. I do! Thanks for the kind words. It's always a little unnerving to put something out there like that. Especially on a bass I don't usually play, about 15 BPM too fast, and with a take that I didn't play particularly well on. I was really putting it out there to show the harmonic tone of the Cirrus.
  10. Great tune, bro. I really enjoyed your lick. The harmonics give it a great punch, and the overall jam has a funky groove. Keep up the good work.
  11. Thanks. It's one of those tunes that started out as a harmless groovy lick, and gradually the harmonics have snuck in there. I didn't care for playing it on a 35" scale bass, and I couldn't get my buddy to slow down on the drums.