Check out this Warwick!

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Garrett Mireles, Mar 2, 2003.

1. [​IMG]

Ebony finger board...mother of pearl inlays...26 frets...5 string...damn I want one! :D
  2. Me too. Too bad they cost so much. There are basses I'd rather have for much cheaper.
  3. Killdar

Dec 16, 2002
    Portland Maine
    the thing is, it looks like it comes from B.C. Rich, not Warwick. It has none of that smooth, natural, woody vibe that the other Warwicks have. Never played one, and it probably sounds great and warwicky. Don't get me wrong, I think it looks cool, but I prefer the woodish vibe.
  4. Lockout

Dec 24, 2002
    Wow... When I first saw this body style I thought it was absolutely fugly, but I have to admit, that does look pretty cool... especially in those colors.

I'd buy one if I had all that money and nothing else to spend it on :)
  5. jasonbraatz

Oct 18, 2000
    Oakland, CA
    please god, make it go away
  6. Ben_P

Oct 2, 2001
    Alberta, Canada
    I don't know what to think of the bass clef inlays. Sure its cool to do something different, but its not different enough to make it special. Maybe if they has put just one at the twelveth fret. Or if it switched over to treble when it got up near 26.
  7. old_skool

Aug 17, 2000
    Milwaukee, WI
    -------------* heres you....

8. Ben_P

Oct 2, 2001
    Alberta, Canada
    Am I missing something here? I don't really understand what you said old-skool.
  9. If you like the shape but can't afford a Warwick, there's always the RockBass version. There are also a lot of basses out there that actually look good.
  10. I'd have the neck . Without the inlays , of course .
  11. yoshi

Jul 12, 2002
    England, London
    Yeah I see where your coming from. To be honest, I don't like them as the shapes arent symmetrical and dont occupy a set frame/radius like a dot or square would, so look overbalanced and uneavenly placed....

12. pilotjones

pilotjones Supporting Member

Nov 8, 2001
    Re: the bass: If I won it from Bassplayer, I would keep it if it souded and felt incredible. Otherwise, it would meet with either the auction block or a jigsaw.

Re: bass clef inlays: I prefer a single one, like this:
  13. OK, Warwick is officially on the road to crap....or maybe more....
  14. Nice features and all, but way to B.C. Rich-ish to ever make it into my aresenal. I need something atleast somewhat traditional.

15. I don't like it at all, but I'd like it a little more if the headstock at leat matched the body. you got that nice, subtle headstock on that pionty body... makes the body look even worse.
  16. exactly.

warwick is just trying to make a quick buck.:rolleyes:
  17. SlavaF

Jul 31, 2002
    Edmonton AB
    It's $500 nice. not $4200 nice...:rolleyes:
  18. SlavaF

Jul 31, 2002
    Edmonton AB

that's a sweet bass! is it yours?
  19. that warwick's body is just UGH if you ask me...and the inlays are over-doing it quite a bit. gaudy.